Fourty-nine

•Viola•

          "Ah" I groaned lightly,supporting my head with my hand as I lifted it off the pillow. I blinked a few times,taking in the low light intensity of the room I currently lay in. After a while of booting,my eyes finally made out images of Hadleys walls,curtains and of course bed.

         At my realisation,I slowly took to my knees on the bed before noticing Hadley's slumped figure beside me. I gave a light smile which caused my head to throb even more. I bit back my groan as I finally climbed off the bed.

       I slowly started gathering my things from around the room,it must have taken a lot for Hadley and probably Boxu to get me here. I dont even know what I was thinking when I called him up.

        I was just about to sneak out of the house when I decided to leave a note for her,I guess if there was anything I was good at,it was sneaking out of people's
houses at dawn.

         I hailed a cab after I'd come out to the front of her house. I leaned into the seats which to my good fortune seemed to be soft as the drive back to our estate continued. I didnt care how long it would take to get to my house,my only concern at the moment was how to keep my head from bumping against anything each time the car galloped and just shut my eyes for a long while.

         "Ma'am we're here" the driver's voice cut through the silence of the car which made my head throb yet again. I held it lightly before fluttering my eyes open. "Ah" I whispered before taking my time to hand the bill over and climb out of the car.

        I sauntered slowly past our gates, down the driveway and through the parking lot before finally walking through the house. My gaze met Alaina's worried one as I walked into the living room,heading for the stairs.

         "Where were you all through the night? Urgh,you reek alcohol. Did you drink?" Alaina asked while trailing behind me as I continued my way to our room.

         "Just a little" I breathed as I opened the door of the room and walked in. "Where did you sleep? Your apartment? Did you get drunk? How did you get there? You know you're a lightweight" she continued to complain as I took off my pants and threw on a light pair of shorts then changed into another cardigan.

         "I'd really love to sleep now Alaina. Why dont we continue with the Q&A session when I wake up hunh? My head hurts" I appealed as I climbed unto the middle of the bed and placed a pillow beneath my head.

         "Fine fine! But you'd better be ready to have soup when you wake up" she ordered. "Sure thing" I slurred before sleep befell me once again.

                               ***

         "Ariana! Ariana wake up!" The reckless shutting of the door following by Alaina's rushed words disrupted my sleep and I groaned. "Cant you just let me sleep for a while?" I whined.

        "This is serious Ariana. I told you articles were going to be published because of yesterday but this is even worse!"she cried making me finally open my eyes and sit up.

         "What happened?" I questioned groggliy as I pulled myself up to rest against the headboard. "The royal blog Ariana,its gotten to the royal blog. The headlines alone are...." I quickly snatched the tablet she was holding away from her,staring down at the screen as I read what was written in it.

  -Alaina Willows,Model and Countess of North Carolina spotted at Malibian Airways with a unknown girl who called out desperately to Sean Maxwell,Duke of Francisco thereby causing a confusing scene.