Fourty-six

•Sean•

        I drove with only one motive,I took the time to calm my mind and my beating heart down. I was about to take a very big step and I had to think it through. But each time I did,I still arrived at the same answer like it was some math problem.

      I brought my second hand to clutch my steering wheel as I stepped on my speed. This was what I wanted,Boxu was right. I would be able to take a better decision at this point and I couldnt see any better decision than this.

        After about thirty minutes,I pulled into their estate and headed for their house. I parked just outside after the security has let me through. Turning off my ignition,I threw my head backwards and shut my lids,going through what I was about to do in my head again.

       When I was sure I'd put my mind in order,I climbed out of my car and headed for the porch. After I'd rang the doorbell once,the door was opened to me by a butler.

       "Oh,Good evening Your Grace,please do come in" he quickly greeted,his shock clearly written in his face. "Likewise,are they in?" I asked him as he ushered me into the house.

       "Yes Your Grace,this way please" he told me as he started guiding me through the house. We passed the inner porch and the little living room and just as we approached another door,I started hearing voices but that wasnt what amazed me. I started hearing an all too familiar voice and thay had me slowing down in my tracks.

       "In here Your Grace"The butler told me gesticulating towards the door."Thank you" I gave a small smile of appreciation before he walked away. I motioned closer to the door as the voices became clearer.

      "When are you going to tell him Ariana? Do you want to keep living this two sided life?" A much stronger feminine voice questioned.

       "I'm trying Alaina,its just..." when this voice fell on my ears though,my brain went blank. I could tell whose voice that was even if I was in coma. I dont understand,the other girl had clearly called her Ariana,what the hell is going on? Why would she even be in this house?

       "He's been telling me about the betrothal and his dad a lot and I tried,I really tried but each time I just chicken out" she replied and I felt my pulse quicken. What in the freaking world was I hearing?

       "Exactly Ariana,that is the exact reason why you should have told him. You should at least think about what he is going through Ariana. You can save him from all that stress. You save you both!" The other voice adviced fiercely.

       "Its just hard Alaina,I'm scared. I don't know why but I'm scared of everything" Viola's voice which was now being referred to as Ariana's replied. "What are you possibly scared of Ariana?!" The other voice yelled and at this point I couldnt hold back again.

       My heart raced so fast that I thought I could hear it in my ears. I took hold of the door handle and after I'd taken a large gulp down my throat,I turned it slowly.

       "Ariana?" I called lowly like I wasnt too sure I was calling the right name. Or perhaps because I was wishing I was calling the right name. "Yes?" She replied turning in her seat to look to me where I stood by the door way.

       The second her pair of purple orbs bore into my skin,I felt like my world came crashing down. This had to be some sort of dream,some sort of illusion. There,Viola sat in that sofa just a few metres away from me not with a pair of sea blue orbs but with a pair of purple ones,continuously answering the name Ariana.

        I breathed out heavily as I took one step back and her features immediately went pale. "Sean..." she whispered as she took to her feet abruptly and I took another one back as my gaze darted towards the floor.