9○ The Ache

Sorry if you're nb or a guy, I try to keep my stories neutral for the most part, feel free to change the "her's" in the story ^□^

When you finally faded into consciousness the next morning, your e/c irises dully followed a stream of sunlight, small particles of dust floating in and up it.

Not long after, Giyuu lead the way over the creaky floorboards and outside.

The tiredness left your body with each step and before long you were wide awake and watching the peaceful forest as you passed through it.

As you finally shook the last bit of energy into yourself, you lightly skipped forward to walk beside the ravenette.

You allowed it to stay quiet as you graced the top of the hill you has been walking up. In the distance, you could see a small village.

It was a little far from where you stood but close enough to reach in an hour or so.

Both of you began to slow approach to the village. You blinked, blank thoughts passing through your mind in small waves.

"When will we arrive, I've been meaning to ask." You spoke up for the first time that day.

"From now, it will be two days." Giyuu responded in his usual tone.

"Two more days.."

Your hand subconsciously lifted as a dull pain lightly thumped in your head. The beginnings of a headache.

Letting out a sigh, you saw a few people walking down the path opposite of you. You stepped to the side to let them pass, watching with blank eyes.

A flick of h/c made your eyes widen a bit as you did a double take. A similar hair color, but not the same.

"Oh, I dont even know why I got my hopes up."

Feeling more solemn, you turned your head forward. You grimaced as your headache pounded harder against your skull.

You put your hand against your forehead, it seemed so much hotter. You shrugged it off and focused on your steps.

E/c eyes locked on your feet as you walked; for some reason, although you hadn't changed your pace, the tempo of your steps slowed.

Blinking, you shook your head a bit, starting to fall behind Giyuu.

He noticed rather quickly, turning his head over his shoulder to watch you. You barely, if at all, took notice of him.

Your head felt like it was about to implode, the pain coming in slow waves.

"Y/n." The calling of your name sent a new pang through your head, despite not having been called loudly at all.

You quickly shushed him, coming to a hault in your walking as your vision began to swirl.

Even your own thoughts were painful, your feet felt unsteady underneath your weight. All of your senses seemed to be at their limit and yet not working at all.

It was to much for your brain to handle so out of some animalistic instinct, you shut it all down before you could have a meltdown.

<<<3rd P.O.V>>>

Before your body could even hit the floor, Giyuu was by your side, arms carefully catching you out of the air.

His left arm was securely under your back as he crouched closer to the ground, right arm reaching around to feel your temperature.

You were warm, a thin sheet of sweat already beginning to form over your skin.

Within seconds he decided to get to the town quickly, getting a tight hold on you before going his fastest pace.

Ten minutes later and he was in the town, he briefly stopped to ask a local if there was a doctor in the town, getting confirmation and a direction, he rushed off.

Moments later, you were being tended to by a doctor and their assistant.

"I'm not quite sure what's wrong, it seems most likely to be a cold." The doctor spoke, turning to Giyuu.

"A cold?" The ravenette echoed.

"Yes, although most colds have symptoms that start days in advance, this seems a bit sudden from what you explained." The doctor scratched their head, "I've given her some medicine but we'll monitor until her health improves, until then stay close, you are the acting guardian for her."

Giyuu nodded as the doctor stood up and left the room. The assistant stood as well.

"Sorry, there are alot of patients currently due to an accident from a few days ago, you dont mind if I can go to them, do you?" She asked.

Giyuu shook his head and she smiled, "Great, thanks alot! A minimal thing you can do is to just cool the cloth on her head with some water in that bucket."

He listened to her as she spoke, stepping away from the room, leaving him to stare after her with semi wide eyes.

Not really having any other choice, he got up and moved closer to your unconscious body, occasionally feeling for how heated you were.

<<<Your P.O.V>>>

If you could've woken up earlier you would've. Only nightmares ran about in your head, demons, your family and blood, so much blood.

The grief was still overwhelming and you didn't want to think about it, you had been distracting yourself from it for days.

There was also guilt. The guilt that you lived and they didn't, that you ran when you should've stayed to help them, that because of your families blood, they were all dead now.

It was so sad, you could've stayed curled up in a ball crying for the rest of eternity. It was so lonely.

You were so lonely.

The air was lukewarm as there was a sharp inhale of your lungs, at the same time your eyes opened.

The room was dim, not much light coming from anywhere. It was also considerably quiet.

You hadn't the faintest idea of where you were. You were hyper aware of how hot and weak your entire being felt.

Feeling vulnerable and in a place you didn't recognize, immediately put you into panic. Your hands moved up in the softness of sheets as your eyes whizzed around the room, not really focusing on anything.

There was a thought of trying to sit up before you remembered that your body was currently to weak. You let out low, audible huffs and hums, your blood feeling about ready to boil.

Then there was a dull hushing sound from somewhere beside you. The oice was calming, and you looked over, eyes nearly refusing to focus on the one next to you.

"You're sick. Stop moving so much or you'll exhaust yourself more."

The words would seem a bit harsh to any ordinary person that may happen to hear them but you knew otherwise.

Willingly, you relaxed yourself, the presence of your traveling partner putting your mind at ease.

You wanted to speak but the words refused to bubble to the surface. A cool cloth was placed on your overheating head and sure enough, exhaustion made itself known, much like you'd been warned.

At last, you could breath like normal, eyes becoming heavy.