Chapter ✿ Fifty

❝LOOK AFTER HIM❞

LOOK AFTER HIM

Harry steps through the elevator door, his face is fallen in sadness. He glances around the white building as people rush around and alarms go off.

He finally gains the courage to continue walking down the laminated floor, dragging his shoes as he does so, trying to just not collapse then and there.

"Harry!" He hears Jay's voice. He looks up with wide eyes and feels himself begin to cry again. He rushes into her open arms, holding her tightly as she begins to sob as well. "H-Have you found out? Please tell me it wasn't him."

"It wasn't," Jay chokes out, pulling away to cup Harry's face. "It was who he was with... Luke, I think his name was. It wasn't our Lou."

Harry let's out a sob of relief, gripping at his racing chest. "Is he okay? Is Louis okay?! Can I see him? How did it even happen?" Harry rushes out, tears flowing down his face? Finally being able to properly breathe again.

Jay shakes her head and moves her hands to wipe her eyes. She grabs Harry's hand and pulls him towards the seats that sit against the wall. "They've put him in an induced coma," Jay whispers shakily, pursing her lips. "He has head injuries... They don't know what will happen, Harry."

Harry stares at her blankly, his body trembling in fear. "He will be okay," Harry tells himself, a heart rate monitor sounding through the hospital. He turns to Jay with wide eyes and she shakes her head.

"He isn't in a ward yet... He is still getting tests. He is pretty beaten up, Har," she sniffles and covers her face. "But I'm sure you can see him after he is out."

Harry nods and wraps his arm around Jay's shoulder. "How did it happen?" He almost growls, his body filling with anger.

"The roads were wet. A truck driver lost control... That is what I heard. All I know was Louis and the guy he was with weren't in the wrong..."

"So Luke died," he mumbles to himself. It only now sinks in. Harry may have not liked him too much, because he was jealous. But Louis did... Louis will be crushed. If he wakes up...

"Harry," Jay interrupts Harry's thinking. She looks up at him with teary, tired eyes. Her hair is pulled in a ponytail and she is wearing nurse scrubs. Harry hums, telling her to go on and she smiles a little. "I know."

"Know what?" Harry swallows thickly. His mind races with things, his eyes widening ever so slightly.

"I've known you since you were little. I know you'll look after my boy," she says softly and gives Harry a little nod.

Harry smiles so wide, conflicting with his tears of sadness. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He hugs her tightly, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I love him so much, Jay. And I know it is weird but-"

"You love him," Jay finishes the sentence. "And I know he loves you too, Harry. More than anyone. I remember him writing a whole book dedicated to you. I don't know what was in it... But every night he would be drawing or writing in it... Every time I'd asked what he was doing, he would tell me 'making something for Haz'," Jay chuckles at the memory of her little boy.

Harry bites his lip and takes a shaky breath, shuddering softly. "Was it brown? Has drawings on it..."

"Yes!" Jay nods, smiling softly. "That's the one... Did he give it to you?"

"No... But I found it earlier, " Harry glances at his hands. "I didn't open it, I thought it may have been personal stuff."

"When you get a chance, open it. He was so excited about making it for you..." Jay begins to tear up again. "He would want you to have it."

"Mum?"

I hope you enjoyed! Any thoughts? xo