Shadows

MEMPHIS.

We arrived at the safehouse. I came down from the van and walked in; since I didn't own anything anymore, travelling was easy.

"Rooms are on the lower level." the one called Ander said.  I was about to leave when he spoke again " Thank you."

"For what?" I said

"For helping Ely." he said "She's tough but she isn't ready for all this."

"Well you underestimate her." I left the entrance and went down the stairs to the lower level. I finally found a room that was empty.  I had barely settled in (which means taken a seat) when Elyon walked in. "Explain. No lies." she said,  in a tone that I had never heard her use.

I told her everything.

"I was born in London. I lived in the city of Westminster for most of my life, with my mom. I didn't know my father.  at least not until mom died."

"I'm sorry." Ely said. I could see she was trying to hold it together.

"Don't be. Atila came back to get me when she passed away. He said it was time the heir to his Empire began to learn the family trade."

"So why did he lock you up."

"I told him what they were doing was evil and repulsive." I said "He ordered them to experiment on me."

"That's wrong. plain evil."

"It appeared that nothing was working on me, so they decided to dispose of me. Atila couldn't bring himself to kill his own blood. He told them to keep me locked up and fed."

"We're safe now."

"No one is safe." I said "If Atila carries on with his plan, he will alter the course of time."

"How?"

"I will tell you but get everyone." I said "I can't bring myself to say it all twice."

We all gathered in what I figured was their control room. Boreas and Lukas were laughing and holding cups of coffee,  which I probably needed.

"So." Kerös said, his dark hair unmoved from its position "Tell us everything we need to hear."

"Atila has been experimenting on humans." I said

"Yeah. We figured." Boreas said

"You dont understand." I said "He has this twisted plan to control most of the events that shaped history."

"So. He is Mr. Greater Good, let him go kill Hitler and stuff." Ander said, which led to him recieving a mild punch in the shoulder from Ely.

"He agrees with Hitlers ideals. He will probably aid the Nazi cause." i said "Help him purify the world and what ever freaky plans he had."

"So. he plans to misuse the abilities he has suceeded in bestowing on these people."

"So. what do we do."

"We attack." A voice said from the door; The woman who stood there wore a black shirt and black jeans, with combat boots. She carried a huge knife strapped to her waist.

"Mrs. Baker?" Ander and Savio said

"Lois?" Lukas said

"MOM?" Lois said.

"We have to eliminate this plan before even begins." Mrs Baker said.

"Well. She's right." Lukas said, he turned to me "Do you have any idea where the other test subjects are being kept?"