Torment

ANDER

"You left him there to face the evil twins and that Kraft dude!!" I said

"He said I should take the sceptre headpiece and run." Boreas replied

"What happened to Boreas Caldwell, daredevil extraordinaire.

" I wanted to help."

"But you didn't-"

"No need to blame anyone. We just have to figure out how to help him." Henry said

"We can go back there and mount a rescue mission."

"He would have been moved to the Onyx HQ in Lagos."

"How are we to break into the Onyx HQ"

"We would need to act quickly and decisively." Henry said "I have a plan, I just hope we aren't too late."

SAVIO

Here's some advice; don't ever try fight of two elite warriors. It won't end well.

I felt sore all over; I had most likely cracked a rib, ruptured my spleen bruised a few body parts and all the other annoying injuries.

The door slid open and I opened my eyes. "I'm sorry it had to come to this."

Atila said. His wore a black suit, with a black shirt and a red tie. "I hoped you would surrender easily. but you decided against doing so, thus our present predicament.

"What do you want Atila?"

"Ah, straight to the point I see." He smiled "You see, I have always dreamed of changing the world. My ancestor saved Rome from Hannibal, being a Kraft is all about shaping the world."

"Still not getting to the point Kraft." I said, trying to buy myself some more time."

"Those tactics will not help. I must remind you that you are the one in chains." Atila said.

"For years, Onyx Incorporated has been a global leader in several fields, and my main goal has always been to harness the ability to time travel. Science has not offered me an answer and I've decided to turn to folklore, myth and legends."

"Good luck with that, can I go now." I said

"Still talking." Atila said "I had my doubts, all which you cleared by your escape from our Turin branch. I will now leave you to my scientists; they will do whatever is necessary to find the source of your abilities and replicate it."

"Oh." I said, genuinely surprised.

"Just imagine. We could start a war and sell to the inevitable winners, or change the outcome, for the right cost. I would be the most powerful man in the world."

"That is just pure evil." I said "can't you like cure cancer or something."

"Make all the jokes you want." Atila said, smiling cruelly "Once the source of your abilities is discovered you would be of no use to me."

"So I'll be free."

"Of course not. We would have no choice but to dispose of you efficiently."

Atila then left the room. A group of men in white lab coats and masks then walked in covered my face and restrained me further.

ATER

"Move out!" My father shouted.

We had moved from threw safe houses already and we had to move again. The invaders had been trying to squash the resistance for weeks and we had to keep moving.