Costumed Company

~Morning~

You: "Damn it..."

You clenched your phone tightly, finding that another online story was completely sold out of Halloween outfits. After having some breakfast you had quickly begun searching as many online catalogues as you could for a suitable costume to wear for the party tonight. Unfortunately with such short notice, it seemed everywhere was sold out, and that Kasumi had really dropped you in at the deep end.

Morgana: "Maybe the Boss has a spare bed sheet you could use? You'd actually be a 'Phantom' Thief then huh?"

Morgana laughed lightly as his own joke, quickly quietening down as he looked over to see you staring at him with a sharp glare.

You: "Come oooon, there's gotta be somewhere still selling costumes!"

Just then a notification popped up on the top of your screen, following it to your private chat with Futaba, where the young hacker was messaging you.

Futaba: Mwehehe, is someone in need of my assistance?

You quickly looked around your room, rolling your eyes before you spoke aloud.

You: "Did you bug my room again Futaba?"

A while passed before you received any kind of reply, feeling your phone vibrate and seeing another message.

Futaba: ....no?

You: "Then how...are you responding to me?"

Futaba: I'm psychiiiiiic...

You sighed out in response to Futaba's poor attempt at lying, crossing your arms as you spoke once more.

You: "Come on over then, not like I have anything to lose"

After a few minutes of waiting you could hear someone coming upstairs, seeing Futaba hop up into your room with a grin.

Futaba: "Suuup"

You: "Don't 'sup' me. You bugged my room again. I'm a teenage guy Futaba...you're playing with fire..."

Futaba: "You say that like you have something to hide...am I gonna find some weird sites if I look at your browser history?"

You: "...just get rid of the bugs"

Futaba: "Fiiiine...you're no fun..."

Futaba walked over to you couch, flopping face first into it as she lazed around in your room like it was hers.

You: "So, what did you wanna talk about?"

Futaba: "Hm?"

You: "You...said you could help me?"

Suddenly Futaba jumped up off the couch, having seemingly forgotten her whole reason for coming over in the first place.

Futaba: "Oh yeah! You're looking for a Halloween costume right? I know where you can get one"

You: "Wait...really?"