★ 33

"Congratulations Jieun!"

Jieun smiled, hugging her brother. Jisung, Chenle, Mark, and Haechan also congratulated her. Jeno is currently on the archery match, but he already congratulated her earlier right before he entered the arena. She gets the first place, it's actually impressive since it's her first time joining the Olympics.

"You might be the next horse racing ace." Mark joked

Jieun chuckled. "No way, that's Renjun's thing,"

She then realized that he's not here, she hasn't seen him ever since she walked into the arena, he just dissapeared. "Wait, where's Renjun?"

Jisung frowned. "I don't know, he said he's going  to the toilet but he's not back yet I guess."

Jieun pouted, she wanted him to congratulate her, but oh well it's Huang Renjun afterall. 

Not long after that, a male figure entered their waiting room area. And of course, it's him- Huang Renjun. Jieun's eyes sparkled upon seeing him, she's exited to tell him that she got the first place.

"Hey Renjun, thanks to you I got the—"

"Mark-hyung, right after the second break it's your turn right?" Renjun said, cutting Jieun off. He didn't even pay attention to her.

Mark nods. "Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, I gotta go now." He said

He glanced at Jieun one more time without saying a single word, his face monotone. He the left the room just like that, making Jieun's heart ache. All she wanted was for Renjun to congratulate her and be proud of her, just like when she wanted her parents' attention.

But for her, the people she loves the most never loved her back, not even once.

——⚜⚡️——

The dreamies are currently leading in the first place with most points. Mark just won the first place in sword fight meaning it's all up to Renjun and Chenle now. 

Now all of the students are gathering around the swimming pool area, waiting for the competition to start. Renjun took a deep breath, standing in front of the line. He's extremely nervous, especially because he knew that by doing this it will trigger all of his past traumas.

Jieun and Jisung watched him from afar, and Jieun is just as nervous and worried as him. 

"Do you think he'll do well?" Jieun asks worriedly

Jisung smiled, trying to reassure her. "Don't worry, he's Huang Renjun."

"Alright, get ready, set, and go!"

Renjun took a deep breath, and as soon as he heard the whistle, he dived right into the water. He swims as fast as he could, using all of his energy. He already reached the end and he's turning around to go back towards the starting line when it all hits him- the memories of her.

His visions began to blur, but he shrugged it away, trying to focus on his goal which is winning the match. He's still on the first place despite the fact that his head actually hurts so much right now which is very impressive.

Jieun saw that he's getting slower and slower and that makes her worried. But thankfully, he managed to get to the finish line, taking the first spot.

"Alright the first spot goes to Huang Renjun!"

Jieun smiled in relief, but something's odd. He reached the finish line, but his figure hasn't return to the surface, meaning he's still underwater.

Jieun squinted her eyes before running towards the swimming pool, pushing everyone else aside. He's drowning, Huang Renjun is drowning. Jieun opened her jacket, leaving her with her plain school uniform, throwing her jacket to the side.

She dived straight into the water, making everyone gasp. She needs to save him, that's all she could think of. But she forgot that she herself has a trauma about swimming.

 But she forgot that she herself has a trauma about swimming

well shit