8

"You disgraceful child, don't you give me that attitude!"

Chenle bowed his head down as his mother scolded him.

"I-I'm s-sorry.." he mumbled softly, afraid of the outcome.

Mrs. Zhong looked at her son who was slightly trembling. The lady sighed before letting go of the slipper she held.

"I'm s-sorry, Mama.. I-I'll be better.." Chenle muttered again.

The boy hated being yelled at, after his father's personality change, Chenle had to endure all the yelling and arguments himself. The boy eventually grew terrified of someone yelling at him.

Today, Chenle had been having a bad day, accidentally letting his anger out when his mother asked him to do a chore. The boy immediately regretted what he had done which led to where they are now.

Mrs. Zhong slowly calmed down, once she saw how badly shaken up her son was from the scolding.

"Chenle," she spoke, breaking the silence between the two. Chenle hesitantly looked up, his eyes glossy from incoming tears.

Mrs. Zhong fixed her posture and pointed out the door. Chenle looked at her in confusion.

"You should.. head over to Jisung's for now. Stop shaking, we'll talk about this later." she said leaving the room. Chenle nodded before leaving the house.

Jisung ran down the stairs opening his front door after hearing the doorbell. He opened it to see a familiar blonde standing in front of him.

"Chenle? What are you doing here-" Jisung was cut off by the shorter male hugging him.

"You're warm." he mumbled into the taller's chest. Jisung carefully closed and locked the front door before wrapping his arms around the boy. The two just stood in silence.

Jisung was playing with Chenle's blonde locks when he heard quiet sniffles. He immediately lifted the boy's face by cupping his cheeks gently.

"Lele, why are you crying?" Jisung asked softly, being careful with the crying boy.

Chenle shook his head, throwing himself into Jisung's chest again. "It's stupid." he replied.

Jisung carefully lifted Chenle up the ground. Holding his thighs for support as he carried the boy to his bedroom.

Jisung placed the boy on his bed and sat next to him.

"Lele?"

Chenle frowned. "S-She,"

Jisung leaned closer to the shaking boy, drawing circles on his back to comfort him.

"M-Mama yelled at me for misbehaving." he pouted. Jisung looked at the boy.

"She yelled at you? Are you sure you're okay?" Jisung asked, pulling the trembling boy into a hug. "You didn't get too frightened, did you?" he asked in a worried tone. Chenle didn't respond and melted deeper into the younger's arms.

It's only been 2 months since the two met and became best friends, but the two feel like they've known each other for so long. Jisung carefully taking care of the older knowing his fears and how to treat them.

The two were laying in Jisung's bed calm and unbothered. Chenle's tears had quiet down and he wasn't trembling anymore. Jisung hummed softly as he played with the older's hair. It was one of his favorite things about the older, it was one of the many favorite things about the older.

Chenle smiled unconsciously, leaning into the younger's touch, humming softly. Jisung pinched his chubby cheek, making the smaller giggle.

"Ji?" Chenle said softly. Jisung hummed in response.

"Would you like to meet my friends?" Chenle asked. Jisung nodded.

"Of course, Lele. But why ask so out of the blue?" he replied, Chenle shrugged before facing his chest.

"I don't know, you're just really special to me, and I thought you'd like to meet the people who I grew up with before meeting you." he smiled, playing with the younger's fingers. Jisung smiled, leaning his forehead onto Chenle's.

"Mm, if you put it like that, then yes, I would love to meet your friends, Lele." Chenle giggled.

"I luv you, Sungie."

Jisung swore he felt his heart skip at the comment, but he decided not to overthink. The boy in front of him was his special best friend, of course they would love each other, it's how their friendship was built.

Jisung smiled and patted his head, his fingers finding a way to tangle themselves into the boy's hair again.

"I luv you too, Lele." he chuckled.

a/n: thank you for reading :)