25

Chenle sighed as he ran his fingers through the younger's hair, listening to his soft snores.

Jisung was still buried into the older's neck, his scent lulling him to sleep.

"You didn't answer my question." he spoke softly, lifting the younger's body off himself so he'd be sleeping next to him.

Chenle kept his fingers in Jisung's natural locks, examining his features.

How his eyes fluttered shut, his slight pout in his sleep.

"People keep asking me if I love you, Sungie." Chenle spoke softly.

"Mama, Yeri Noona,"

Chenle traced Jisung's jawline with his pointer.

"I loved you like my best friend. I thought we just had a special kind of friendship." he spoke, smiling softly.

"Mama told me what it was like to be in love."

Chenle paused, before snuggling closer to the younger, laying on his chest.

"Being in love is the same love that your family should give you. Affection, care, you should feel safe," Chenle pouted slightly.

"Feel at home."

"I haven't felt at home for so long, Jisungie."

"After Jie left home and never contacted, after Mama went distant, now Papa officially has a new person and possibly a family too."

"I was always jealous of others having such great families, but I'm known as the happy, carefree one. I hid myself for so long so others don't worry."

"It's hard, Jisung. I didn't have anyone to talk to."

"But you, you came and mended my scraped knee yet you didn't know me."

"You took your time to make me feel safe even though you didn't know what happened at my home."

"You actually took the time you care for me. You gave me hugs, kisses, and so much more."

"You're my home, I feel safe in your arms."

"It's scary, Jisung."

"I watched my loving family fall out of love and eventually break apart,"

"And now you're here, you're mending it. You're making up for it."

"Do you really care for me that much?"

"Is it because we're best friends?"

"Because your generous?"

"A-Are you doing it out of pity?" Chenle stuttered, looking up to the younger.

"There's no pity, because you said you'll make me happy, right? Because I'm your baby? Because you give me more affection than my own parents do?"

Chenle sighed, looking at the younger's sleeping face. He leaned in slowly and placed a kiss upon the his lips.

"Jisung ah, what is love? Do I love you? Do you love me?"

Jisung unconsciously wrapped his arms around Chenle's waist, holding him close. He buried his face into the smaller's neck, continuing his soft breaths.

Chenle gasped slightly, before tangling his fingers back into Jisung's hair.

"Goodnight Sungie."

Jisung stirred slightly before fluttering his eyes open.

As his vision cleared up, he smiled at the sleeping Chenle in his arms.

Carefully, he lifted the smaller's body, bringing him into his lap. Jisung sat up slowly, cradling the smaller in his arms.