Bitch In Heat

Motherfucker

Motherfucker.

He was a crazy ass motherfucker.

But a crazy ass motherfucker who made me step into his car with a bag of clothes and schoolwork, simply by getting mad with me.

I had my feet with socks pulled on the passengers' seat, cheekbones pressed against the window, my hands clenched into fists, as I followed my house slowly fly by. My mother didn't even come out to wave me goodbye.

I wondered if, if some creepy man really came to ask for me in exchange for money, she'd just shake his hand and sell me off like a sex slave, never thinking of me again. One less worry, right? I only remind her of dad anyway.

My eyes started burning as I hugged my knees even tighter. Fuck this. Fuck all of this.

Hades jumped from the backseat of the Range Rover to start licking my face, but I pushed him away. So instead, he decided to nail his canines into Kye's arm. I'd hoped for a second that he'd succeed, but Kye simply took the dog by the excess skin in the neck again and shoved him down, making the dog whimper.

"Get off him."

Kye didn't respond and kept holding Hades down, steering with the other hand. The dog didn't even seem to mind it that much. He wagged with his tail and tried to bite Kye's fingers, without much success, so started digging his nails into the car's carpet. Even that didn't trigger a reaction out of the guy next to me.

His words kept swirling through my head, clamoring for attention, but I couldn't make sense of them, no matter how hard I tried. This guy was getting more mysterious with the second. I mean, he claimed I'd get raped if it wasn't for him.

I pulled out my phone and opened Google. What had he said, rogues? I typed it in, not very hopeful, and got nothing but useless sites. Well, I could've expected that.

Maybe Kye just lived in some kind of fantasy- in which he was king. Maybe he was still the delusional child we all were once, stuck in a dream. I couldn't help but liking that theory. Sure did make him less intimidating.

"Have you had dinner?" he suddenly asked, tapping with his fingers against the wheel.

"Yes."

I wanted to ask him about it. Of course I did. But the way he told me to stop querying about things, it made me terrified of ever asking him one question again. Like he'd rip me apart the moment I even dared to.

Who was living in a fantasy now, Ashley?

Well, it did seem like I was living in a whole different world than the rest of the people in this town. I've never felt so alienated, so out of place, so not at home.

I also felt so bad about the fact that I hadn't been able to hit him off me and instead obeyed him like a kid, getting into his car with my stuff packed. I didn't recognize myself. And I didn't like it, at all.