Epilogue

A/N: Okay this is the final installment of this fanfiction, just something small and sweet... 

I hope you like this little ad-on for this story... which I have enjoyed so much to work on. I'm on to bigger things (I hope) and hope you will follow me on the next adventure... this will also be inspired by another show... so keep in touch and let me know what you think of this.

Epilogue

Emma woke up in her bed to the blaring sound of her alarm, she groaned into her pillow, why did she have to wake up so early? Oh yes, it was her graduation day today, she smiled to herself at the thought, finally, years of school was over, she had taken a major in Criminal justice and wanted to find work in the police force. Maybe as a criminal investigator, Killian had said that she could always become a private investigator if everything else failed. She smiled at thought of her boyfriend, who was not with her this morning. He had evaded her persuasions the night before in hopes of him spending the night. Killian had claimed she needed her beauty sleep and promised to meet her at college for the ceremony.

Pulling her thoughts together she got out of bed and got ready for the big day ahead of her, her cap and gown hung on her wardrobe. She couldn't wait to finally get her diploma. She hurried through her morning routine and even found time to eat a little breakfast, though a pop-tart might not be considered real breakfast, it wouldn't be if you asked Killian. She munched on the sweet pop-tart while she waited for her parents to come pick her up. They would drive her to the college and after the ceremony they would all drive out to their farmhouse outside of Boston. Her mother had planned this big party inviting every member of their family, even some close friends of both them and Emma. Even Regina and Robin Mills-Hood would come, even though they would be busy getting their resort up and running for the season.

Emma had not been overly fond of the idea of this big party just for her, but her mother was a living breathing party planner by heart and she was getting so excited about her daughter graduating that she might have gone a bit overboard on all the planning. But Emma had let her mother run the show and only given her some input on her own wishes for the party. Two of her close friends from college would be there, she had known Ariel and Lilly through both high school and college, they would join the party a little later after they had celebrated with their families. She only wished Ruby and Will would have been able to come, but they had both been so busy with work, preparing for the next season at the resort. Will had stayed in Storybrooke during winter and had moved in with Ruby shortly after the season had ended. They rented a small apartment in Ruby's grandmother's house. Ruby helped out her grandmother at the dinner during the winter and Will had found a job at the docks helping fishermen winter prep their fishing boats. The four friends had kept in touch during the last year and Emma and Killian taken one trip on an extended weekend in February visiting their friends.

When the doorbell announced the arrival of her parents she found her graduation cap and had already donned the gown. She smoothed her hands down the silky fabric, she was finally graduating and her life lay ahead of her, a life she wanted to share with Killian.

She opened the door and was met with a hug from both her parents.

"Are you ready Sweetie?" Her mother asked, Emma only shrugged and said, "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." They walked to the car and drove to the college.

Emma searched the open outdoor area for Killian. The weather had been sunny and the ceremony was scheduled to be held outside. Finally she found his dark hair, and to her greatest surprise he was standing next to their friends Ruby and Will. Emma squealed in joy as she ran over to them. She had not seen them since their visit in February.