Linnett (part-2)

Bennett entered the base the see the living room transformed into this

Bennett entered the base the see the living room transformed into this. The food that he had made at his apartment was layed out on the bed table situated in the middle of blanket fort.

The candles were strategically placed around to give beautiful glow of yellow. And there stood the girl who he was going to propose today, looking up at him in half shock.

He was only wearing the cozy knitted jumper over his navy button up all because Declan begged him to save his life.

He entered the room and closed the door behind him. Lilly took few steps forward and greeted him with a hug. He relaxed as she rested her head on his chest.

"You planned all this?" He asked with his chin still placed on her head.

Lilly hummed in response before pulling away slightly.
"You planned something too?" she asked knowing the answer already.

He avoided her eyes,
"Let's not talk about my huge failure of a date. Nothing went as planned."

Lilly reached up to rest her hand on his cheek,
"It did work out in the end isn't it ? I mean, I'm sure you would've preferred food that you made over the premade snacks I bought. And I sure do prefer you in this shirt."

Her cheeks reddened as she realised she had said the last part out loud.
A quite loud laughter rumbled through Bennett's chest followed by a snort. This time if was Lilly's turn to laugh.

Soon they settled down on the blankets. Lilly kept a little distance which was soon non-existent as Bennett pulled her closer, shifting her legs and keeping them over his.

The blush was so evident on her cheeks even in this dim lighting. The movie's intro started, showing the title "Five feet apart".

During the whole movie Bennett was silent as light sobs could be heard from Lilly's mouth. She had her head laid on his chest as he held her tightly against him.

Lilly fed him popcorn once in a while as he wiped her tears every ten minutes.

Once the credits started rolling Bennett spoke up.

"Lilly?"

She was engrossed in her thoughts.

"Lil"

"Love?"

Alas he poked her which in turned led to her letting out a loud snort. He continued tickling her until she held both his wrists with her tiny hands.

" *Heavy breathing* sto- *huffs* -op tickling me." She breathed out but the smile never left her face.

To Bennett she looked even cuter as she thought she could hold him back with his wrists. He easily picked her up and settled her in his lap,

"I wanted to ask you this for a long time now-" once again the poor boy was interrupted.

"No no no no no, you don't get to ask the question. I planned it so I could ask you." She huffed at the end.

"Bu-"

"No buts, So....." She took a deep breathe and chanced a gaze at his face.

That's where all the confidence said goodbye to her and left. Her face paled on looking at him and realising how they were positioned.

He placed his finger under her chin, tilting her face upwards.

"Hey it's okay, it's not a big deal if I have to ask the question. You already did enough. Look at this, you planned all this for me. I really don't deserve you-"

Her glare at those last words made him quite down.

"Soo.... Ms Lilly Wallace would you do the honour of becoming me, Bennett Frazier's girlfriend? Just to make it clear, you can say no if you think it's going too fa-"

For the nth time this evening the lad was interrupted but this time by a pair of lips being placed on his jaw. Guess Lilly is called lil for a reason.

[ Please don't kill me for it lil ]

"Well that's a good way to shut me up...." He whispered while his cheeks were as red as hers.

Lilly placed her hand on cheek,

"Yes yes yes yes yes a million times yes." She smiled before a rush of confidence made her lean forward.

She noticed Bennett's gaze falling down towards her lips.

He looked back up with a questioning gaze when she beat him to that question,
"Can I?"

He smirked before he whispered the next words to irk her further,
"Can you what?"

She playfully narrowed her eyes at him,
"You know what, don't make me say it."
He didn't push it further knowing how flustered she was.

" Come here" with those words he leaned down to close the rest of the distance.

His lips were on hers as he gently made her open up her fist to interlace their hands together. The moment was savoured by both of them as they rested their forehead against one another.

Bennett opened his eyes and kissed her forehead, she looked up at him in surprise.

He suddenly got up with Lilly in his arms and walked down to the car. Lilly protested
[ See what I did there ;) ]

He placed her in the passenger seat and they drove around the town singing along to BTS at the top of their lungs.

I'll tell you a little secret. Bennett was secretly an army all along until Lilly heard him sing along to Fake love when they drove to her house.

After a delicious sundae and cotton candy he took her back to the apartment not before finally revealing what was waiting for her in the backseat.

Lilly tried to hide her excitement and opened the packaging without tearing it.

It was a frame of collage that started at the corner and had arrows pointing towards the next picture. The last picture was in the centre.

It had pictures from the first day they met untill one from yesterday.

Let's just say the dam of tears broke once again.

Well I'm so sorry for making you wait Freaky_Victoria.

♥️ I'm hoping you'll like this