I'll be by your side ft Aurora and Jordan

:) I'm back,  and there will be mentions of kind of self hate just a light heads up❤️

AuroraWalker356

Jordan entered Ro's room, looking around. He walked in gazing at something that might say she's been here but he couldn't find it.

He sighed and turned to leave the room when a newly folded piece of paper caught his eye. It was sticking out of a diary, it was clearly not meant for him to read but his curiosity got the best of him.

He hesitated but still picked up the paper.

The folds were almost unfolded to reveal what was written he heard a sob. He immediately dropped the paper and followed the voice.

It didn't take long for him to reach the walk in closet. The lights were off and a girl sat their crying in the corner.

He knelt in front of her and reached out to touch her arm when she jumped and started wiping her tears frantically.

Ro turned her back to him acting like she was just rearranging the cupboard whose door in front of her was closed. Her eyes widened at noticing it and she leaned her head on the door.

Jordan stood there noticing each movement of hers, a few seconds later she was calm, he knew. He stepped forward and placed his head on her shoulder, leaning slightly on her head.

His hands hovered over her waist, scared to overstep his boundaries. Soon his doubts were washed away when she took his hands and placed them where they wanted to be.

They stayed there entangled in each others arms until he knew her breathing had calmed down.

He made her face him, not removing his hands which seemed to me glued to her waist.

Their foreheads leaned against each other, their eyes were closed when he asked the question he was afraid to ask. But he knew he needed to know the reason behind her tears.

She wasn't the strongest person, he knew that but he also knew that she wasn't that weak to cry alone in her closet.

Her relaxed form stiffened in his hold as she breathed in as if air was the courage she needed to speak up.

"Where were you before you came back, Jordan?"

That certainly weren't the words he had been expecting, especially not in this situation.

His eyebrows drew closer as he answered without hesitation,
"Naomi's house."

And then the dam of keeping her insecurities inside broke as the last syllable left his lips. She asked him to compare their beauty.

Something that he couldn't ever do was compare two women that meant so much to him but in completely different senses.

It was almost as if comparing your lover to your sibling, there's no right answer because the question is ridiculous.

The aspects are totally different.
But to her it made perfect sense, the fire of insecurity was growing as she spewed out venom filled words making his hold loosen.

"Will I ever hold the same importance as Naomi to you? Or am I just too ugly to-"

Her words couldn't make it out if her mouth as Jordan's anger took over and he shushed her.

He questioned her sanity right away.

How could you expect him to compare them? Was what he wanted to say but at this point his mind chose to speak out of order.

Her eyes had a sheen of tears that glistened under the light that entered through the open door. She pushed him away to a safe distance still in his arms as she answered him,
"I don't know anymore, Jordan Wallace. Everywhere I go you're always finding ways to talk about her. Am I too fat? Am I too ugly? Am just not good enough for the Jordan Wallace?"

His arms lost the hold on each other behind her waist as he staggered behind as if her words were bullets piercing through his chest making him move back from impact.

"I talk about her? Are you even listening to yourself, Ro?"

Jordan's mind had started to storm on the times he brought Naomi up in their conversation but he couldn't find any.

All he could find were subtle hints of her growing greedy insecurities that had finally drowned her in self doubt and self hate.
He could count times when she added comments comparing Naomi and herself sarcastically.

The only fault that Jordan had made was that he didn't pick on those hints, he sometimes lost himself in his humour that he didn't consider her emotions.

He looked up to find her sitting agains the same cupboard like a lifeless doll.

He couldn't let her drown, she was still in shallow waters. She could be saved.

Jordan stepped forward and picked her up, he walked over to the bed and sat them down.

His hand on her jaw made her look up at him. She was completely disoriented.

"Ro, I want you to listen to what I say carefully." His eyes conveyed the sternness that his voice couldn't.

She was his weakness and strength at the same time.

He wouldn't have chosen to be with her if he held any feelings for Naomi. The crush was never there even during the highschool years they met.

She had somehow came into his life to steal the spot of a younger sister without his knowledge. He never complained.

The flirting was just his personality and that was how he had gotten Ro.

Ro had been sitting near their table when Jordan cracked one of his jokes and no one laughed. That's when a laugh was heard from the neighboring table where she sat without any company, with a half-eaten large sandwich in front of her.

That's when she caught his eye, guess he invited her to sit with them and they hit it off.

He explained all this to her, reminiscing the old days. Her lips formerly in a frown now turned into a smile. The same smile she had given him when she noticed specifically him  staring at her as she had laughed at his joke.

Jordan pulled her closer, halfway tugging her onto his lap. His head was already leaned on the side of hers. She turned around to face him,

"I'm....... sorry" she croaked out, her voice cracking a bit from the crying.

He shook her head slightly,
"There's no need. I should be apologizing for not picking up on your insecurities before. We'll work on it, okay? I wouldn't be with you if I liked Naomi, Ro. I'm not a cheater."

Their breathes could be felt by the other due to the lack of space.

No matter how much he had wished to kiss her when he entered her room, he didn't want to wash away his words and their impact by their first kiss.

He closed his eyes and so did she but surprise was evident in her eyes as they snapped open on feeling his lips somewhere she didn't expect to.

His lips were on her cheek, nearer to her lips. The corner of his lips turned into a smirk. He could feel her surprise.

Red stained her cheeks as they pulled back only for her to hide her head in his chest.

Alas Jordan let out a sigh not before fully lifting her onto his lap and closing the distance between them.

Yes, I know that was deep but the backstory was provided by the person that requested it that is Ro.

I'm sure this was good because I am proud of what I wrote while WRITING IT

:)

It's nice to be back