Twenty-nine: Miriam

Roses are red,
Voilets are blue.
Guess who's dead?
Yes dear, it's you.

My giggles that followed were muffled by the gag.

This abduction had gotten to my head. I guess I was crazy now and the man guarding my door should think I had lost it if I was laughing out loud had I not been gagged. I was in the middle of nowhere though and even if I wasn't gagged and I screamed my lungs out nobody would hear me.

I heard creaking sounds and smiled. Majoress was visiting me again. How nice.

Quick footsteps later and a hand was gently letting down my blindfold and gag.

"Majoress is being easy on my blindfold today. Which new productive sex-worker did you find this time?"

I didn't get an answer but the blindfold came down to my chin allowing me to see.

Then I laughed so hysterically, one would have thought I was watching a stand-up comedian perform.

"Oh, I see. This place is making me hallucinate so much that I'm beginning to see Majoress as—"

I was interrupted by my own laughter. No, the angels were visiting me now. Maybe I was already starting to die. It was more painless than I thought though.

"What have they done to you?"

A hand cupped my face and brushed my messy conrows back.

"It's me, it's Jide. I brought you food.", he raised a white bag of food from a restaurant.

I laughed.

"No, you're my guardian angel. It's time, isn't it?"

In the light from the light bulb I could see him scowling.

"O my God.", he whispered and brought me closer to himself. I was enveloped in a huge hug. It was the warmest thing I had gotten so far.

"I thought I lost you. I was so scared. You're alright. Tell me you're alright.", he was whispering. I, on the other hand, was more concerned about getting warmer so I hugged back and relished in the feeling.

"I'm sorry Miriam."

~~~

I didn't know how much time had passed since Jide arrived here but I couldn't believe he was here. It almost seemed unreal yet it wasn't. Every bit of it could be a dream I didn't want to wake up from but it wasn't. He had fed me the food he brought and I was presently full.

He had told me that he had been allowed to see me but it felt off. He could've come with policemen but he didn't. I was expecting him to either bust me out of here when he came or to not come at all, a visit — even if it was something as little as a short visit with him being surrounded by hefty men to make sure he wasn't going to run off with me — was not what I expected but here we were for as long as I can think of and just us.

Completely odd.

I was cuddled up at his side with my head resting on his chest while he stroked my back. I couldn't believe how much I had missed this feeling.

His breaths were slow, like he was asleep. Time seemed to stop while he was here. I felt that there was a lot on his mind and I knew Jamilah had occupied part of his mind.

"What did they do to you? How did it happen?", he whispered.

"I was kidnapped and taken here. Majoress was my easy guess as the mastermind but she said something about her oga having a plan. I don't exactly know for sure what they're planning but I'm worried. They don't seem to want money and that thought scares me."