Prints [17]

"What do you mean you didn't find anything?"

     "Well Mr. Ack-" a newbie started.

     "Did you even look in the rivers nearby? The drainage systems? Hm?" Barking at the small group I rub my temples.

     "I- uhm, no Mr. Ackerman" he stuttered out, fiddling with his fingers.

    "Then get to it!" The small group squeaked out a 'yes sir' before running off out of my office.

'Goddammit'

'I knew this wasn't going to be easy but damn this isn't easy'

     I fidget with a strand of my black hair before kicking my legs up on my desk. Breathing out a frustrated sigh, I pick up the four teenagers case files. They are all connected with one another. I know it. I just fucking know it. They were all some sort of close friends in a way.

     That green haired boy, Yamaguchi Tadashi. He has to have an involvement with this. He's probably got a psychotic disorder. Giggling to himself and snapping at people all of a sudden? God. I almost feel bad.

     I can't accuse him just yet but I know, I just KNOW something isn't right. I need a warrant to search his house and find something, anything to help me figure this out. Hopefully those idiots find something within the rivers and sewage systems. I won't have any leads then.

     The whole investigation team in this police department is so lazy. Writing off every kidnaping or mysterious disappearance to be a 'run away'. They can go fuck themselves if they think that they can keep doing this while I'm part of the team.

     I lean my head back in my chair and gaze at the ceiling.

'Just you wait guys'

'I'm hot on Yamaguchi's trail'

• • •

     "Hanji, babe, I'm home!" I call out through the house, closing and locking the door behind me and kicking off my shoes.

     A mouth watering aroma hits me in the face and I physically melt at it. Damn. She's one hell of a chef for a forensic chemist.

     Hearing loud music and singing coming from a room the smells were coming from I became curious, winding down hallways and walking past rooms, I make my way to the kitchen.

     I peek into the room and see her working on something with her back facing me, bouncing and singing to the music playing. I set down my things as quietly as I could before creeping slowly onto the cold tiles.

     Raising my arms above my head, leaning down to her ear I whisper,

"Boo."

     "AAHH HOLY MOTHER OF SHIT BALLS!!"

     She swiftly snaps around, clutching onto a knife pointed in my direction.

     I lean back, sweating with my arms still up, "Chill Hanji baby, it's just me"

     "I'll fucking cut you if you do that again"

     Chuckling I wrap my arms around her waist and give her a bone crushing embrace. "Whatever. What are you making anyways?"