0 1

01

Listening to my father talk endlessly, I started to debate whether I made the right decisions or not. Moving back home the minute I graduated seemed to be a reasonable and viable thing to do.

The more I listen to dad each day I start to understand that my father guilt tripped me into moving back for his own selfish reasons.

Luckily for me, I was the only daughter of Jason and Hannah Reeves. The owners of the 4-star Nevada hotel here in the city. Luck was not on my side just yet as my parents have taken full advantage of using me to their own accord to run errands for them.

"Loretta darling can you pick up your cousin from the train station, oh and pick up some pizza on your way back" My mother called from the bottom of the stairs as I laid down in my bed listening to Billy Eilish on repeat.

I barely made it past her with the money she plucked from her purse when I heard my dad shout violently from his office. "wash the range "

I held back a snarky comment. I know that they loved me but I felt like I should be paid for the number of things I do for them. I really shouldn't make a big deal out of it though. The hotel was having a big renovation and they were both stressed.

After kissing them both on the cheek I headed outside to the range rover. During my second year in university, I was able to get a lot of money from running the website and blog for the hotel. Dad said that if I got us, 10,000 followers, by my graduation he would pay half for a brand new car for myself.

Since he paid for half he thinks its as much as his as it is mine.

I sat inside and headed for the train station. My cousin seth was coming to London for a week. He had this interview with a tech company and mom suggested he stayed with us which only seemed fair.

I pulled into the car park and searched for him. I laughed when I saw him, he wasn't hard to miss. His usual dark blonde hair was hidden underneath a baseball cap and he was decked out in what I assume was Adidas.

I beeped my horn and waited for him to look my way. His eyes went huge when he saw the car I was in. It's nice to know he appreciates a car more than his blood-related cousin.

" what did you do to convince daddy J to get you this" he whistles stalking around the car. I sat inside impatiently.

" I deserved this actually, worked hard for it too. Will, you get in already"

I could hear him laugh as he opened the boot and placed his bags inside.

" Please Please Please your mom won't love me if I come empty-handed" Seth begged me as soon as we finished grabbing the pizza.

"Why didn't you get them earlier" I groaned I really didn't want to go anywhere else.

" because I didn't want them to get ruined I thought my favourite cousin would help me out too" what a little shit. Those words might work on my mother but not me.

That's why you're parked in the Tesco carpark right Loretta.

Shut up.

Reluctantly I followed in after my cousin. We looked around the flower section and ended up buying these white orchids which were my mom's favourite. But it's not like she needed anymore.

I grabbed a packet of M&M's on my way through the aisle with Seth.

"Don't you remember when we baked that cake and your dad went crazy on us" Seth reminded me as we passed the bakery section.

How could I forget, he was livid that day but in the end, when two 6-year-olds were staring up at you flour all over them and fingers covered in chocolate you really can't stay mad forever.