0 8

Chapter 8

"What's going on with you and my boy then," George says pouring himself a drink from the kitchen. Since George is back for good, he's looking for a place to stay but since he has nowhere to go for tonight, he will be staying with me and Tammy.

I don't mind as long as they don't make it a nightmare to live with them.

"Nothing is going on," I said bluntly.

"I don't think so babe, I know Nate very well and this not his normal behaviour," George said leaning over the kitchen table.

"especially towards a pretty girl like you"

"don't be a perv," Tammy said rounding the table and flicking George behind the ear.

"it doesn't matter, Nate's life is on a different level to mine, I' m sure he just feels bad about accusing me of being a gold digger, trying to get his money" I replied.

"Since what did you not like a little bit of excitement in your life " he's right I've never been a one for a boring life but he's a big deal around here and after the hate mail I got I don't want to really get involved.

Do I tell him about the letters can I trust him not to tell Nate?

"I know you better than anyone Retty so what's the real reason why you don't want to get involved with him" I literally can't hide anything from him.

He has always been very good at reading me and knowing whether I was hiding something from him.

"Because his groupies won't leave her alone that's why," Tammy says sipping from her protein shake. I glare at her." you promised?" I said to her.

She stared at me. "I promised not to tell people, I didn't promise I won't tell my boyfriend"

I really should have thought about that.

"Just look at the comments online, honestly babe it's disgusting" Tammy just didn't seem to want to shut up.

George grabbed his phone, I waited anxiously as he scrolled.

"And you haven't told him?" He asks I shake my head. The last thing I want is for Nate to think that I can't handle myself.

"You need to tell him; he needs to know about this, " He says watching me closely.

Immediately I see red and alarms go off in my head "NO he can't find out" I shout as I grab his arm.

He looks confused "why not, it won't be long before he sees them anyway"

I hadn't thought about that.

"Just don't tell him anything, if he sees them, he probably won't do anything about it" George scoffs. "is that what you think Loretta"

I glare at George. Why is he being so difficult?

"I know you well enough to know that you're hiding, this isn't you and if you just let Nate in you would be a much better person altogether"

Silence washed over the room. Tammy even widened her eyes at George's words.

"Don't come back here and pretend that you know me, George. Just leave me alone" I whispered the last part.

I head to the kitchen and join George and Tammy who are sitting in the kitchen eating what I think are pancakes. "Morning guys," I say pouring myself some coffee and adding my special chocolate blend.

"You drink coffee now," George says surprised. Tammy laughs meanwhile shoving a forkful of pancakes in her big fat gob. So, ladylike tams.

"Yeah, I do now, " I say to which he whistles.