1 8

Chapter 18

1 week Later

It definitely doesn't feel like it's been a whole week since our date.

Me and Nate have been spending all our free time together. When Nate has time off work, he either takes me out or just comes to see me. You may think that I don't have the right to moan at that but when you take into consideration how much time Nate has free. You will understand.

I missed Nate already and it had only been a day since I saw him, but he was having a family night tonight and I decided to help out Tammy with planning her wedding.

Tammy and George have been very busy they've been planning their wedding which is why I haven't seen them in a while. Tammy's sister will be the maid of honour mainly because I have so many things going on so I wouldn't have the time to help plan her wedding.

As I start to pack up my stuff my phone rings. It's an unknown number so I'm not sure if I really want to pick it up. I decide to pick it up anyway, there is no harm in checking to see who's calling me.

"Hello?" I say into the phone as I fill a glass of water from my sink.

"Yes, Loretta it's Michael here Nate's father" my eyes widen.

"Michael hi is everything alright?" I can't help but feel a little alarmed and scared.

" Yeah sorry if I'm worrying you but it's Nate's birthday this week I was wondering if you had planned anything for it " Michael says so casually.

Michael was right it was Nate's birthday this week, but I hadn't planned anything big because Andrea already discussed Nate's history with birthdays, she said he doesn't like celebrating them not since his mother died anyway.

Ally, Nate's mother always celebrated birthdays she would make sure her children and family would always have a birthday to remember I guess ever since she passed, they haven't really done anything.

"To be honest I wasn't planning on anything, anything big. Andrea told me everything about your wife and how it affected him " I say. Michael hasn't really said anything about his late wife, and I accepted that.

"She did? " I nod my head. But then realise he can't exactly see me. "Yeah, I hope you don't mind me knowing I know that can be personal"

"Oh, don't say that it's fine with me" he reassures me. "Well I get that but I know my son more than anyone so I think you should do something. The thing with Nate is he is a very caring person he looks out for people and especially you, so I think he would love it if we all did something for him "

This makes me blush I swear I'm a wreck when talking about our relationship with anyone.

"Nate hasn't had a leading woman in his life ever since Ally I mean I would know ally was a very demanding woman and that's why I fell in love"

I could just imagine Michael's face right now. He must miss her so much.

"So, you're saying that he would want to celebrate if I became demanding and through a party or something " I say I'm confused. I don't even want to see the look on his face if I surprised with a big party.

"No no all I'm saying is I see ally in you, and Nate hasn't showed such affection to anyone until you came along I just think you should celebrate with him however you want to "

"Okay" I say my mind already looking for a way that we can celebrate. Michael lets me know that he needs to go so we end the call quickly.

Like any other little girl who needs advice, I call my mother.