-11-

Silver was near unconscious by the time they were deposited in a strange facility, smelling of an irony tang and cleaner. It was dead silent, eerily silent. Silver lifted his head with a groan. The fly there had become a blur after they'd flown for only a few minutes, blood loss and speed making him dizzy.

"(Y-Y/n)," he called quietly, disturbing his ride. It shifted, growling softly. The white hedgehog twisted his head and looked at his companion, but she appeared to be entirely unconscious, blood trickling out of the corner of her mouth.

Then the creature dropped Silver, the other one doing the same to the (a/t). It walked around in a circle around the hedgehog, sniffing him and baring its teeth. Silver leaned back, coughing its rank breath.

"It'll eat you if you move around too much." Silver looked up, eyes widening as the fox walked over to them, stroking the beast's side.

"H-how did you get here so fast?" he asked.

"The technology these days is incredible, isn't it?" She bent down in front of Silver, grabbing his chin and jerking his face up to her. "I have to admit, it was a bit easier to catch you than I thought. But, before we begin, you and I have an important visit to make." She nodded at (Y/n) and a pair of Mobians holding another one of the creatures with a chain on either side connected to a thick gold collar. "Take her to an isolated holding room. Silver will be taken there shortly."

"Yes m-" One of the Mobians cut themselves off at the fox's glare. "Of course."

"Very good. Now, Silver, let's go pay a visit to someone very special." She grabbed his arm roughly and dragged him to his feet. "Don't make me drag you down there."

Silver simply groaned, stumbling after the fox. "Who are you?" he breathed.

"Fia Fox. You're a fancy time traveler; did you ever hear of Fiona Fox?"

"Fiona?" Silver couldn't recall ever meeting her, though he did know Sonic loathed her, somewhat for stabbing him in the back, but mostly for tormenting Tails.

"Yeah, her. Well, I'm one of her descendants. Surprise, surprise. Me and her weren't actually that different. We were both left to fend for ourselves, but unlike Fiona, I'm not committing to anyone and sacrificing myself for them. I'm going to control everyone who dares to defy me!" She smirked down at Silver. "You are one of the lucky ones."

"I won't let you destroy the future," he hissed, gripping her arm tightly. She rolled her eyes.

"We'll see how easily you crumble," she said. "I highly doubt you'll put up much more of a fight than my prized prisoner."

"Prized prisoner?" Fia only smirked even wider. 

"You'll see." Silver looked over as they walked down a hallway after another Mobian opened a door and two chained beasts were dragged away from the entrance. Gaunt Mobians stared at him with empty eyes and shivers repeatedly ran down his spine as they progressed.

Then, as they neared the end, there was loud shrieking, metal against metal, and gutteral snarls, claws scratching against metal. Silver's ears flattened as Fia slowed, throwing him in front of the cell door.

Silver pushed himself up, yelping as two black hands grasped the bars at the bottom of the door where the workers would slide food in. He scrambled back, his heart beating rapidly in fear. A pair of red eyes glared out at him, then widened.

"Silver," a deep, raspy, unused voice said.

"Sh-Shadow?" Silver said, dropping to all fours and peering down at Shadow. "What happened to you?"

"What they do to everyone in here," the dark hedgehog growled. "I got special treatment." They stood up, looking at each other. Silver's condition paled to Shadow's bloody wrists and ankles, his feet bare, his lips cracked and bleeding, ears both tortured and his ribs showing.

"They break you," Shadow said, gripping the bars. "They break you and turn you into one of their monsters. They have to break your will first-" The dark hedgehog let out a heavy screech and a blue light lit his dim cell. Silver startled back, realizing the chains connected to Shadow's ankles and wrists were shocking him.

"Stop!" Silver shouted, trying to lift his arms. Fia shook her head.

"He can't give away too much," she said. "You'll figure it out, soon enough. But he was permitted to tell you about breaking you, your spirit." She turned to Shadow's cell were the hedgehog was now a pathetic heap on the ground. "I've had Shadow for two years now, and he refuses to break. His spirit is strong, so I decided to try and use you. And now that you're here, I think progress will move much faster."

"No! I won't let you!" Silver shouted.

"Let's begin," Fia said. As Silver tried to do something, anything, two of the fox's lackeys ran up behind him and clamped something heavy on his wrists that made him stumble and fall to his knees. He gasped as pain shot up his arms and straight to his head.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" Fia purred, drawing a finger under the white hedgehog's chin. Silver panted, moaning in pain.

"What...what did you do to me?" he rasped.

"These gauntlets inhibit your powers. If you try and use them, it'll mess with the link between your powers and your mind, sending excruciating pain to your brain. It could kill you if you try hard enough. So, I suggest not using your powers. It'll leave you defenseless to me, though."

Silver made a strangled sound and collapsed on the ground. He wondered if the same thing was happening to (Y/n).

As if she had read his thoughts, Fia said, "For now, you're going to be held with your dear nemesis. For now, she's under the same conditions as you, and I want to see how being held together affects you. If the effects are positive, I'll move you apart from each other. Perhaps you'll hatch a foolish plan. Honestly, that'll only help me, so I don't suggest it."

"You're horrible!" Silver spat, the taste of blood prominent in his mouth.

"I know," Fia said quietly. She jerked her head behind her, looking at her lackeys. "Take him away."

"You won't win!" Silver cried as they picked him and hauled him away. "You won't!"

"You're powerless and at my mercy!" Fia shouted back. "As far as you're concerned, I've already won!" Silver's ears fell against his head and he sagged in the Mobians' grip. She was right and he knew it.

So now what?