Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Undeciphered

Audy:

Jogging bukas, ha?

I smiled and typed for a reply.

Me:

Sure!

Deonell already left awhile ago but I'm still here in the garden, smiling like a retard. The pink sunset skies are already showing and it kinda complimented what I am feeling as of this moment. Audy also texted me and I replied before I went inside since it's dark already.

I really have lots of things going on in my mind. That was unexpected. I never really strike him to be...like that. I mean, I know he can be violent. I can still remember how he punched a guy just because he catcalled Audy. That's my very first time to see an act of violence personally.

That's why I am really unsure whether he would accept my apology so quickly. I know he's not the soft type. 'Yung tipong ngingitian mo lang at magiging okay na ang lahat. He does have some soft features but I know deep inside...his personality isn't.

But what happened earlier is so new. It gave me some foreign feelings that I am afraid to decipher. I feel like...his effect on me years ago is back. I just couldn't get over it.

That same night, I called Suzy and told her everything.

"So you mean, he was the...what? Mekaniko?" tanong niya, hindi parin makapaniwala.

"Beats me," nagkibit-balikat ako, "Maybe he just knows how to fix a car?"

I also told her about what we talked about in the afternoon at the garden. She was also shocked. Of course, who wouldn't be? How stupid of me to pull all of those crazy stunts when all he ever wanted is for me to...not avoid him? I don't even know if he's serious!

"Bruha," Suzy was chuckling on the background.

"What?" nagtatakang tanong ko.

I crossed my legs while I was seated on the center couch in my room. As soon as I finished eating my dinner, dumeretso na kaagad ako sa kwarto para matawagan si Suzy. The cold air coming from the AC made some chilly vibes inside me. The lights are now yellowish since the room is already dim-lighted.

"There's something off with him." she was still chuckling.

"Ano?"

"I'll tell you sooner." that's the last words she said before we bid our goodbyes.

Hindi ako agad nakatulog. Iniisip ko pa rin ang nangyari buong araw. I am so relieved na maayos na ang itsura ko nang nag-usap kami sa hapon. I don't know how will I react if I'm still the same "brokenhearted-looking" girl in the morning.

Sa takot na magmukhang gano'n na naman, pinilit ko ang sariling matulog. I have another jogging escapade with him again. The horror of having dark circles again scared me so much that's why I drifted to sleep quickly.

I woke up around 4 o'clock in the morning. I was having a hard time picking what clothes to wear since I don't have many gym clothes because I don't exercise. After almost roaming around my walk-in closet for ten long minutes, I finally found a black track suit with a check on the side.