Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Starry Night

Kung ano man ang problema niya, I have no idea. I don't want to ask him again because for sure, he'll tell me if he's comfortable already. I gave him space to think about things, because I guess he really needs that. Kahit noong New Year ay hindi ko siya ginulo. While Audy and her family were away for New York, nasa bahay lang siya.

"I love the party your mother threw yesterday. It was so epic!" ani ng katawagan kong si Liv.

I rolled my eyes and was urging to end this video call with her already. Yesterday was January 1st, New Year, and my Mom threw another party at New York again. My great mother, Emanuelle Velez, didn't even called me throughout the whole holiday season. And, I am still worried about Deonell. He called me earlier this morning and asked me about things. He sounded okay already pero I'm still doubting.

"Pwede ba, Liv? Wala akong paki." pagtataray ko sa kaniya.

I heard her annoying chuckle from my iPad. She was on a beach lounger beside the pool. They were all staying in a hotel at uuwi na sa susunod araw. With a red stringed bikini, she looks very bold and sexy. I mean...duh?

"Taray ng bruhang 'to. Bagong taon na bagong taon, ganito na mood mo?" she chuckled again.

"Is that Einra?" I heard Audy's voice on the other line.

I listened to another round of annoying conversations from them. Buti nalang nandiyan si Audy kaya hindi masyadong nonsense ang pinag-uusapan namin. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilang isipin si Suzy. The Velezes understand why I couldn't come, siya nalang talaga ang kulang. I wonder if she's fine right now? I greeted her during Christmas and New Year pero wala akong natanggap na sagot sa kaniya. She was really secluded to the outside world, huh?

Narinig ko na lumipat na naman siya ng lugar. Maybe Tito still wasn't able to fix his problems before stepping down as one of the Senators. Wherever Suzy is right now, I am hoping that she's doing fine despite of being alone. I miss him so much.

In-end ko na ang video call with Liv dahil hindi ko na nakayanan ang pagiging annoying niya. She's obviously just trying to show off.

The next day was Dad's departure to New Zealand. The holidays has ended and it's time for him to go back to work already. Tanghali noong hinatid namin siya ni Kuya Jobert sa airport. I was trying not to be emotional while sending him off. Hindi ko lang talaga mapigilan.

"I'll miss you, Dad. Keep safe." I sniffed and hugged him.

"Sweetheart..." ani niya sa malumanay na boses at niyakap ako pabalik, "Dad will miss you, too. See you soon and take care."

I sniffed and nodded, letting him go so he can board on the plane already.

And just like that, the days ran by smoothly and quickly. Balik eskwela na naman and back to busy days again. Deonell and I were both busy with school pero we can still manage to see each other every other day. Nakaligtaan ko na rin ang nangyari noong Pasko dahil sa sobrang busy. Our final defense is coming and everyone was going nuts about it.

The whole month of January was torturing not just me, but so as my other classmates. Dobleng kayod ang ginawa ko when it comes to school-related stuffs dahil nga graduating na. I don't want to mess up during the last months before Graduation. I am not that smart but I am trying my best to graduate with flying colors.

Days turn to weeks, and weeks turn to months. Second week of February, I just found myself staring at my groupmates with a glint of glee in my eyes as they were celebrating and talking with enthusiasm.