chapter 44

"what on earth-"Amity stated as she was looking around but what I saw moments before she spoke nearly made me want to be sick. I watched silently as she blinked, when her eyes would usually open they didn't. She looked as though she was asleep with how inactive her eyes were. In fact i'm pretty sure eyes are more active when asleep then Amity's eyes are now, It was as though her eyelids were never separated . Amity reached up and rubbed her eyes but nothing happened. She attempted to pry her eyes open but nothing happened . Amity's breathes became laboured as she exclaimed "WHAT THE HELL I CAN'T SEE?!"

Simultaneously Alaric was wildly looking around , he hit his head a few times with the palm of his hand before pulling on his hair a little bit The words that Alviva had said rang in my head , "hear no evil , see no evil , speak no evil" , huh? wait if Amity can't see that's one fo the three taken care of...which leaves me and Alaric...

Alaric's actions started to become a little more violent as he was hitting the desk rather loudly and hitting himself in the side of the head, which now I realize was his ear. Amity was still freaking out and trying to open her eyes whilst I grabbed Alaric by his shoulders once again and give him a shake. I had assumed that no sound would come out of my mouth but it still frightened me as I worded the words 'do not panic! we will figure this out!' Alaric looked at me clueless"what!" ' I said do not panic we will figure this out ' "WHAT?!"

I sighed before I had an idea, I started to move my hands in a way to ask if he knew sign language. If he knows sign language it would be much easier to communicate. I learnt how to do sign language in case I had met someone similar to morien . Someone who wouldn't be able to communicate as easily as everyone else. Alaric nodded in response to me and gestured with rolled eyes for me to repeat myself in sign language. When I did his eyes widened and he clapped his hands loudly before stretching his arms out as though he was gesturing to the room "DON'T PANIC ? WHAT DO YOU MEAN DON'T PANIC?!"

"I have no clue what's going on" Amity stated also panicking, I was looking around trying to find something that would calm them both but nothing came to mind . I rolled my eyes and hated myself for the thought that came into my mind but I was also curious to see if it would work. Since they were standing nearly next to each other it wasn't difficult to grab their arms and push them toward each other.

They spent a few moments in confusion before Amity realized whose arms she was in and she snuggled closer to Alaric's chest. Alaric gave me a slight smile whilst he buried his face into Amity's hair . I let them have their fun for a moment before tapping the table next to me. Amity sighed but pulled back a little bit.

The fact that I couldn't talk was rather depressing, though i'm sure that I will figure something out in time. Hopefully I won't be quiet long enough to think of permanent solutions . Maddox was still kidnapped by Alviva we really need to hurry things up here. Though whilst I was wallowing in another fit of self-pity, Alaric seemed to have the same idea as I did "what....okay....we're screwed but we shouldn't panic..." which caused me to nod and Amity to scoff.

"yes we are lets just plan our funerals now...OW!" she didn't see Alaric's arm come to punch her on the arm. It looked very playful and gentle though since she didn't see it coming it must have been surprising . A small smile appeared on my face before I once again became serious.

I started to sign ' Look we can all wallow in pity later, when we have a plan and Maddox is safe, I should probably message his mom just in case it takes a while do you have any idea where she would take him?' I asked to Alaric and he repeated to Amity what I had asked . I dug into the front of Maddox's bag and pulled out his phone. I felt bad invading his privacy but I needed to message his mother to tell him that he would be late.

"I don't know....she spends the majority of her time at home , But I don't think that she would take him there...oh no ." Amity said in a hurry . the sound of the negative realization that came to her tone made me look up at her with a raised eyebrow and a startled look . I had started to sign to Alaric what she had said and I stopped abruptly as his eyes also widened and he repeated the words "Oh no"

They quickly grabbed their things and started to pack their bags . I was confused as hell but I followed them anyway. Amity had grabbed for me and Alaric, well we assumed that's what she was doing as she was facing us with her hands outstretched . "Wish me luck , hope we don't get stuck!" Her rhyming words made me want to groan but alas I could not . Apparently we didn't have enough luck with the transporting or teleporting.

We made it to my house but unfortunately Amity's aim was a bit off...or she was just being incredibly rude. Alaric and Amity both landed safely on the ground whilst I landed on my coffee table, completely going through it and causing wood to dig into my skin . I wasn't able to groan out I pain and she couldn't see my glare...so I kicked her in the leg . She yelped and jumped back a little bit "i'm sorry okay?! I haven't teleported three people before cut me some slack, i'll fix your coffee table move"

I jumped up at her words and was mouthing the word 'no' over and over again until Alaric got the message to tell her not to . I huffed a sigh before sitting on the sofa and putting my head in my hands . I could only rest for a moment though considering Amity and Alaric had little to no way of communicating . From what I had seen Amity didn't know sign language and Alaric wasn't the best at reading lips.

"look i'm not sure and I really do hope that she didn't take Maddox back to our old house" Amity stated whilst biting her nails , I saw Alaric flinch and knew that was the house that he had mentioned his parents owning. "if he's there he's in a lot of trouble... "