【𝓢𝓪𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲】

Slight spoiler warning for Sanemi's family!!!
Modern AU
Fluff
Angst
Mention of toxic relationships
Fem Reader

Word Count - 8774
Racing into the Night - Published 07/01/20

Racing into the Night - YOASOBI
»»———————————————————««

Just like I'm about to sink

Breaking up with Sanemi Shinazugawa was the best thing that ever happened to you.

You were free from the selfish and possessive hold he had on you. You were free in the world to make your own decisions. You were free from the angry fights to which you always ended sobbing alone into the night. It was anything but rewarding, it was toxic, obsessive and dangerous.

So cutting the red string that bound you together, a new freedom bloomed as you left him behind along with the other careless decisions you made in your life. Every picture you had of him, ripped to shreds, burned away with the match of hatred you possessed. Every article of clothing that was his, thrown straight in the trash to be forever forgotten and lost. Every precious memento he gave you, thinking it came straight from the heart, long gone.

Lastly, the cursed number that plagued your phone, containing precious conversations you both shared, deleted. His number, which you knew like the back of your hand, deleted.

He was finally deleted from your life.

Just like I'm about to melt

With the man locked away deep inside your memories, you started a new life. Fresh of good decisions, good people to surround yourself with, to start a healthy and happy new life.

After all, you met the man who made you the happiest woman in the world. He was a complete opposite of the wrathful Sanemi, always encouraging you to go out and succeed with your own hopes and dreams. He always greeted you lovingly at the end of the day, providing and looking out for your own well-being.

Just when you fell into that deep dark depression, he was the one that showed you the light, the goodness in life that was long forgotten. He allowed you to pick yourself back up, and restore that glimmer of hope you clung to.

And the glinting gold band clasped around your left ring finger was proof of your growing love.

He did the one thing Sanemi would never even dare to contemplate. Proposing was the final leap in your relationship, confirming your love and allowing yourself to give your complete trust and adoration to your husband-to-be. It allowed you to finally forget, and to finally move on.

Only the two of us at that night on the vast sky

So now, you were currently walking home from a long day at work. Feeling completely drained both physically and mentally, you refused to let any irritation consume you as the image of your smiling fiancée relaxed your stiff body.

You managed to get off earlier than usual, completing your assignments with great focus and care. All you wanted to do was to go home and embrace your lover's awaiting figure. The gold ring around your finger glinted in the lowering sun, the bright shining diamond making you feel like the most important thing in the world.

Excited for the upcoming wedding, your mind drifted through the many ideas your friend had suggested. You both decided it would be the best to get married in the spring, when the weather was warm and nature began to bloom in its beauty.