8

Ailee was dozing in and out of sleep as she laid her head on Snart's shoulder as he and Sara played cards.

Mick threw a knife and it landed on a crate starling Ailee but Snart unconsciously patted her head making her go back to sleep. Sara looked at that and chuckled as she rearranged the cards

"I'm done" Mick said taking his knife out angrily.

"Ignore him" Snart said.

"He's just sore about having to leave 2046" Snart said.

"I'm sore because I was recruited for my unique ability to light things on fire" Mick snapped "And now, I'm locked in the one place where I can't light things on fire; a spaceship" He started to walk out of the room.

"Where do you think you're going?" Snart asking looking at him.

"Why?" Mick asked. "You gonna clock me in the head if I don't listen again?" Mick walked out of the room.

"Everything okay with you two?" Ailee muttered.

"Yeah, Peachy" He said.

-

"How do you know that it isn't a trap?" Ailee asked Rip as they watched a message from some Time Master who was stuck in the middle of space.

"We don't , but what we do know is that Savage's trail has run cold" Rip said. "and unless Gideon can upload the data from the Acheron's computer"

"I'm in" Mick said.

"You are?" Snart asked.

"The sooner we end Savage, the sooner I get back to where I belong" Mick said.

"Prison?" Stein asked.

"Any prison on Earth is better than this one, Professor" Mick said in his gruff voice.

"Gideon" Rip said as he sat down.

"Yes, sir" 

"Engines to full throttle" Rip said.

"Of course Captain" Gideon responded as the Waverider then took off.

As the waverider appears in deep space Ailee giddily stands up and look at the windows

"I always loved space" She squealed with Ray as the two started to talk their heads off.

"Oh my god someone shut these geeks up" Kendra laughed at the two.

"Dr.Palmer" Rip looked at Ray. "I leave the ship in your hands while we're gone"

"Oh crap" Ailee muttered before Rip went to Ailee. "And I leave him in yours" He whispered.

"Double crap" She groaned as she sat on her seat.

"Captain's log. Stardate 837.9" Ray says as he sat on the captain's seat. Sara and Snart were in their seats as Ailee sat in the corner of the ship still looking at the stars. Sara and Snart smiled at the girl as they saw her in awe through their peripheral vision.

"We're awaiting word from the away team aboard the Acheron"

"I hate to break it to you, but you're no Captain Kirk" Kendra said. "You're Picard"

"But Picard was cautious, pontificating, sort of sexless" Ray responded.

"Well tell that to Vash" Kendra muttered. 

"But hey, Picard was way hotter than Kirk" Ailee spoke as everyone saw how Ray smiled a bit from the compliment.

"Ooh, mick had it wrong" Snart said. "This ship isn't a prison. It's a torture chamber"