See Him Again

Just in case I don't make it clear in the story, I want to clarify that for the entirety of the Crown Game, you are wearing your cloak and your hood, meaning that nobody can see your full face. Even through battle the hood stays on cause... anime/webtoon XD.

     The fourth round of the Crown Game is about to begin. I can't take my eyes of the arena. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's not working.

     "They seem interesting." Endorsi says behind me. She laughs. "Let's join in the last round"

     "Do I have permission to kill everyone in that arena?"

     The question shocks me and I have a feeling that it's being directed more at Rachel, who I noticed was sneaking glances at the timid boy currently wearing the crown.

     "No, of course not." I blurt out. When Endorsi looks at me, I realize I'm not scared. "This is a game, there's no need to kill anybody. Only if your life is in danger." I say. Keeping my eyes on the blue haired boy, I know that's not the only reason.

     Unfortunately, Endorsi notices, and smirks. "Found a new love interest? Don't worry, I can spare him."

     It takes everything I have not to grimace at her statement. "Don't kill anybody. It's wrong." I finally say. 

     Endorsi sighs. "Fine, be that way."

     The fourth round begins. And it ends very soon. As I expected, the teams originally team up to defeat the blue haired boy's team but surprisingly, one of the other teams begins defeating all the other opponents. Once they are the only team standing, they go back to their waiting room. The blue haired boy's team wins again.

     Being in the waiting room far away from the throne, I can only pick up a few words from what the blue haired boy is saying. But judging by his bored expression and the word "allies", what happened in the fourth round was just another one of his plans. How many tricks does he have up his sleeves?! He's like a chess player, making use of all the pieces available to him.

     It's finally time for the fifth round, the last round. Endorsi quickly pushes the button, and our door opens. Many other teams have entered, given its the final chance. I'm a little scared. I'm not a fighter and I don't really want to hurt the other Regulars for the sake of the game. I resolve to only fight in the name of self defense, which I feel like I'm going to have to use very soon.

     The team on the throne looks ready to fight. That's a surprise. Did they figure the last round would be more difficult? What team were they wary of?

     Granted, Endorsi, Rachel, and I looked pretty suspicious with our cloaks on. But I figured now would not be the right time to take it off. Being inconspicuous is far more important now, especially when I'm on a team with a Jahad Princess who is going to cause chaos.

     The game begins. But it's not Endorsi that begins the chaos.

     Suddenly, another person springs into actions. They're wearing a full body leotard so I can't tell who they are. But they quickly begin to knock out the other candidates. They're fast and have quick reflexes. The staff they're holding can inflict serious damage, I need to steer clear of it. Even the blue haired boy's team looks surprised, so this person must be a wild card.

     Everything happens so quickly. Most of the teams get taken out by this mysterious person but the blue haired boy and the giant alligator find themselves in combat with another team. The boy on the throne looks confused, and I feel bad for him. He must not have combat skills himself.