Hide and Seek

"That's a genius plan!" I exclaim.

     "Shhh." A.A. says in a whisper. "This is between you and me, okay?"

     "Right, lips closed." I say in a whisper. Finally, we get up to go to the Hide and Seek testing site. I look hesitantly at our other team members. "But are you sure they will pass?"

     A.A. nods. "Trust me, they will do enough to get the points to pass. And I'm sure you're passing no matter what."

     "Don't be so sure..." I begin. But it's true. I've done so well in class, I don't need to do anything in this test to pass. Which is definitely a good thing, since my part in A.A.'s plan will be inconspicuous. Our teachers will probably not notice what I'm going to do.

     "I'll tell Lauroe on the way to the site." A.A. says. "All I need to do is declare myself as the leader of the group and I can make everything work the way I want." Suddenly, I see him sneak a suspicious glance at Hoh, who is in Team B.

     "Okay, I trust you." I say. "But what's wrong?"

     A.A. looks back and forth between me and Hoh and then sighs. "Y/n..."

    "... what I'm going to tell you is also going to be between you and me, okay?"

     10 minutes later, in the Testing Site:

     My heart beats as I balance myself on A.A's lighthouse just below the bridge. A.A. has probably succeeded in his plan of becoming the leader, I can here him giving orders through the other lighthouse. All I have to do is wait for him to send lizar- Anaak down here to the lighthouse I'm on.

     I try to breath slowly. My task sounds simple but it's difficulty. I did a little bit of Shinsu boosting at the Khun estate, but I'm out of practice. Hopefully my background as a Shinsu healer will help me with this.

     I try not to be scared for A.A. This plan is flawless.

     For the next few minutes, all I can do is try to calm myself down as chaos ensues. I can tell that Mr. Quant hast taken out many of our teammates. They're unable to buy time, Anaak has to reach this point of the bridge quickly before Mr. Quant catches up with her. Hopefully, as A.A. said, those other Regulars would have performed well enough to pass this test regardless.

     Finally, finally, I hear approaching footsteps on the bridge. They have to be Anaak's. And just according to the plan, I hear A.A. talking to her.

     "Quickly come down here."

     "But why-"

     "No time to explain, Y/n is down there, she'll tell you!"

     I move a little on the lighthouse and with one leap, Anaak is also on the lighthouse.

     "Just wait down there." A.A. calls down. I can then see him standing on the bridge, waiting for the encounter that is crucial for this plan.

     "What's going on?" Anaak asks me.

     I quickly explain the general plan, of course, leaving out the secret parts A.A. told me. Anaak, understanding, quickly grabs hold of the suspendium pulley, waiting for A.A.

     I'm no longer on the side of the lighthouse that is the closest to the bridge so I can't here what's going on above us very well.

     Finally, I can hear the faint footsteps of another person approaching. I catch my breath. It's most definitely Mr. Quant.