The Loophole

I wait, feeling very antsy, for the announcing of the results at 6. According to A.A., I'm pretty much guaranteed to pass, along with Bam and Rak. In normal circumstances, everything would be easy. But nothing is normal. A.A. is right now in a meeting with Mr. Lero Ro. He quickly explained to me what he had been doing these past few days and the results surprise me.

     It's hard to believe that there is more than what meets the eye going on in the Floor of Tests. Nothing is what it seems and betrayal is at every step. I wonder, with a little bit of fear, if that's a normal occurrence in the Tower. I can't say for sure.

     Hoh's funeral is a somber occasion. It hurts to see a life gone before even starting the Tower, and hurts even more that I might have to get used to those things happening. I don't ever want that to happen again. But I don't know how I'll ever be able to stop tragedies in the Tower.

     Finally, we all file into the hall to hear the final results of the position test. A.A. looks very determined next to me. I know he has a plan. However...

     "On a scale of one to ten, how crazy is what you are about to do?"

     A.A. only smiles. "Depends on how you look at it."

     I groan. It's most definitely something dangerous.

     Mr. Hansung Yu is the one who is announcing the results. I still can't properly look him in the eye, especially after my shocking discovery. If there really is something secret going on, I can bet anything that he is part of it.

     Even though I expected it, I still sigh in relief to see my name on the board, along with my friends. Rachel's name is also there but that is too good to be true.

     "However..." Mr. Hansing Yu begins. "Since Ms. Rachel has been injured, she is disqualified from taking the final test."

     I hear A.A. grimace next to me. It's going to be showtime soon.

     "Does anybody have any complaints about the test results?" Mr. Hansung Yu asks.

     "Yes, I do."

     A.A. has finally stood up.

     Mr. Hansung Yu smirks. "Well, come up here and state your concern."

     With zero expression, A.A. makes his way up to the front.

     In all honesty, I'm impressed at the plan he proposes to the teacher. Of course, the Administrator Test will most definitely allow Rachel to participate. A.A. must have gotten this information from Mr. Lero Ro.

     I grip my chair. This will work. Sure, the test will be far more difficult, but we've gotten this far, there's no reason why we can't take a challenge.

     However, that smirk doesn't leave Mr. Hansung Yu's face. "I'm impressed that you've figured this much out. But I believe there is something Lero Ro forgot to tell you."

     Even A.A. looks surprised at this. Things are not going towards plan, I can tell.

     Our teacher continues. "There is another qualification to take the Administrator Test."

     "You must be an Irregular in order to take it."

     A.A.'s shocked expression gives it away. I grit my teeth. The plan has failed. What will we do now?

     "Wait!" I hear a voice very close to me call out.

     It's Bam. He has stood up. "I want to take the Administrator test!"