Friends with a Khun

Let's all just stop for a moment and appreciate how ADORABLE that Khun and Bam chibi art is. BEAUTIFUL. Also, Tower of God has officially sent me down the Stray Kids rabbit hole. Fun!

     Anyway, just as a note, I made a plot error last chapter, during your conversation with Khun, regarding Rachel. That has been fixed and I'm sorry that I only noticed it now. If you see an extra update of the previous chapter in your notifications, that's why.

      After almost no time at all, I found myself back in the Regular assembly hall, ready to hear the next set of tests we will go through.

     "Bam hasn't woken up yet." A.A. says, sliding down into the seat next to me.

     I smile sadly. The past few days had been nice. A.A. and I had hung out but I could also tell he was worried about Bam. He was such a good friend, it made me excited to meet Bam once he woke up. Meeting my childhood friend again still felt surreal, but I was getting used to it.

     "Talk to Mr. Lero Ro." I say. "They'll surely give an exception."

     "Let's hope so." A.A. says.

     Mr. Lero Ro explains the next following tests. This is where things get interesting. He explains the various roles in the Tower, which I more or less know from the books I've read. I also have little doubt of what role I will probably be selected for.

     "Now that they know I'm a Shinsu User, I'll probably be chosen for a Wave Controller." I tell A.A.

     "That's a good thing, right?" A.A. asks.

     I shrug. "I guess so." It's the final test that worries me. Being a Wave Controller is fine, but I'm going to have to be a GOOD enough Wave Controller to pass the tests. "What role would you want?" I ask A.A.

     He shrugs. "Not sure. Count me out of being a Spear Bearer though."

     That confuses me. From what I've heard, Spear Bearing runs in the Khun Family.

     Then again, this is coming from the boy who skipped classes in the family, so I guess family traditions don't really apply to him.

     The charts come out.

     I'm Wave Controller, just as I've expected.

     And, as I check the list, so is Bam. That surprises me. He doesn't seem like the powerful type. Everyone else on the list makes sense, more or less.

     "You're Light Bearer." I comment to A.A. " Sounds cool. And "Best Seed" whatever that means."

     Someone else asks the same question.

     "Best Seeds are people who performed well in the Crown Game." Mr. Lero Ro explains.

     I laugh at the chaos that ensues after that. I'm not a Best Seed but I expected that, considering how my team didn't even try to get the crown during the game.

     "What about the people who are injured?" I hear A.A. ask. I was wondering the same thing, of course.

     "They can attend classes after they are healed." Mr. Lero Ro says. "But keep in mind that attendance is recorded so missing classes will cost you points."

     That's not fair, I think. "That doesn't seem very fair." A.A. says. "So people lose points simply for being injured?"

     "Well, your friend is responsible for his own injuries." Mr. Lero Ro says. "He should have been more careful during the Crown Game."