Chapter 3: Partners

⚜️ You have no idea of what you do to me...do you? ⚜️

Alestia

School.

It was an odd place.

The kids around me laughed at the silliest things. Cried without warning. And found the simplest of things difficult.

The studies weren't hard. Nor were the maths. They were all what I already knew. However I couldn't change grades without atleast taking one weekly tests apparently.

The G.A.A were brilliant I had to admit. They couldn't hand kids weapons but they trained them in stealth. How they did that?

Hide and seek.

A game lasting exactly two hours. 10 minutes were left and almost every student were caught.

Except me. And a certain blue-eyed boy.

Levi Salvatore.

He was intriguing. Mysterious. A jigsaw puzzle.

His eyes always remained empty. He rarely spoke, his dark brown locks were slightly curly and soft looking, tempting me to steal a touch or two. He was born a masterpiece, that I knew.

His looks were a work of art.

Possibly God's finest one.

Ten minutes had passed before we both got out of hiding, needless to say the teacher, Mr Aaron was shocked. A trained G.A.A agent couldn't find two kids.

Heh.

For the first time Levi looked at me. Like actually looked.

Observed.

He analyzed me with curiosity like I did to him. Glances were exchanged yet inner thoughts weren't revealed.

We were both mysteries, that wanted to remain unsolved.

We spoke no words, yet somehow it felt like we did.

It was the sixth day of the week, the day for the weekly test. Yet again I faced no difficulties, I was sure to be promoted early. And possibly the blue-eyed boy too.

I was adopted by the Steele's. Meaning my home was in the G.A.A head quarters, the upper level belonged to us, where all my furniture were shifted, courtesy of Richard to make me feel at home, while the rest of the building consisted of the school, training arenas and finally the IT department where missions were distributed.

"Alestia Valentin, I assume?"

A voice halted my musing.

Levi casually leaned against the wall by the elevator, his voice remained cold and face nonchalant. He was waiting for me it seemed, he didn't need the elevator to go to his room.

"What do you want?" I replied equally coldly. I was curious actually, yet my face refused to cooperate and my words came out rude.....as always.

"You."

A little shocked, I froze. He wanted me? Weird.

"Excuse me?"

"I want you as my partner. Assassins work in pairs. Your mom and dad were a pair and so were mine." he explained simply.

And?

He answered my unasked question, "I want you to be my partner...while we train and for missions....and also for revenge."

Vaguely, I recalled Richard mentioning his parents death being related to Romanov too. I thought about it, it was a win win situation for us but......