Chapter 12: Reunion

Tell me to jump down a cliff, I'll still trust you to catch me...⚜️

Different.

The air today was just different. The air felt as usual. Her head still hurt from the lack of sleep.

Yet something was just different.

Early morning, she had been woken up by a hyperactive Richard claiming an important mission awaited her attention.

While Richard fussed over waking her up, Angela clumsily threw all her clothes inside a luggage.

Were they throwing me out?

Her question, however remained unanswered as Richard dragged her all the way down to the garage, pushed her into the fro seat, before getting getting inside to drive the car himself.

Now, that wasn't normal.

One thing about Richard was, he never drives himself.

I pay my driver for a reason, he reasoned with an arrogant look that he thought made him look cool. Alestia disagreed. He looked dumber if that was possible.

Now however, she knew why he never drove.

He drove fast.

Like mad fast.

The speed of the car had long reached 200 Mph. And he didn't seem to show signs of slowing down. Though it was fast, she could see that he had good control over it.

"I used to be a street racer, dark past I had. I quit after I met Angela so I don't drive just in case I get addicted to the adrenaline again." He sighs silently.

He wasn't expecting any reaction from her in all honesty. He knew her emotions were all reserved for that blue-eyed boy.

Especially since he left, she had gotten colder. Other than a few greetings here and there and reporting for missions, she hardly ever spoke.

Suddenly, he jumped a little feeling a gentle pat on his shoulder. He looked at her in disbelief.

She froze, she wasn't doing it wrong was she?

Her gesture should've provided comfort according to her observations. The reaction he was showing however were as if he had been burned.

Then he smiled. No, not smiled. He grinned, the  I-wanna-show-you-all-of-my-teeth-grin, and then threw back his head and laughed.

"You've changed, A."

She was confused, how had she changed?

She didn't even realize how out of character her gesture was. The previous her would've blatantly ignored the sadness in Richard's voice.

Finally, they reached the airport but instead of the usual drop off place he manoeuvered the car towards the place private jets took off. She watched with suspicion as he parked not too far away from the plane.

"Here is your passport. I just pulled some strings I'm not rich enough to afford a private jet if that's what you're thinking." He sighs dramatically placing a hand over his chest before ushering her out of the car.

All along the way, she noticed he hadn't mentioned where she was going. He lead her up the private jet meeting up with a tall blonde man wearing a tuxedo.

"Henry my friend, this is Alestia, my foster daughter, Alestia this is Henry one of my old pal. I'll leave her in your care for the journey." He rushed through the pleasantries.