Chapter 8: Tension

⚜️ If all is fair in love and war, let me have my way with you.. ⚜️

Levi

Patience.

It was always his forte. Today, however, for the first time he found himself feeling impatient. Very impatient.

Disturbingly impatient.

Things had gone far better than he had thought lately, the research was going somewhat smoothly and a few of  Romanov's hideouts were already located, his training was going smoothly.

He was proud to admit that he was one of the most efficient and talented agents. He and Alestia had already been on their first mission when she was 12 and he 13.

Alestia.

It had already been 8 years since he knew her, two since they got together.

Her very existence was like a godsend to him. The liquor that drowned all of his sorrow. His light. His love. His sanity.

His rose.

Alestia Rose Valentin.

She had three names. And one was solely reserved for him. And if that realization didn't make his heart swell with pride.

He knew what he had for her wasn't puppy love, it wasn't a phase that would be over, no. It was physically impossible for him to lose her.

She was his obsession.

Maybe it was unhealthy. But did either of them care?

No.

They were their own people. They knew they were different. Their love was different.

It wasn't out of a fairytale nor was it out of a romcom.

They didn't fight. No. They never did. It wasn't because they didn't care nor because their love wasn't real.

Cause the heavens knew a love so raw, so pure had no comparison.

It was because of compromise. He compromised, she compromised. They never walked around on eggshells around each other either.

Their relation was built on a firm foundation of trust and mutual understanding. Both would come clean on anything bothering them rather than jumping into conclusions resulting in a conflict.

They were never apart either, too often she stayed over in his dorm room, that had been given fully to him due to his parents services to the the force,and sometimes, quite rarely, he would stay over in her apartment.

Richard and Angela didn't comment on it for whatever reason.

Over these years, he wasn't suppressing emotions anymore. Now he just didn't feel them. Quite like Alestia. He cared for a handful people, yes. However towards others his attitude was lukewarm at best, whereas empathy for them was non-existent.

Things were going quite peacefully.

Almost too peacefully.