Chapter 32: War

️it felt as though he had gotten the whole world in his arms...⚜️

Alestia

Bullets.

Bullets rained overhead before all of us could even get out of the car.

And suddenly I found myself questioning why I had agreed to this ridiculous planning to begin with this ridiculous plan.

We were no superhuman and we certainly weren't getting out of here unscathed.

Aurora pushed me down the seats as she steadily made her way out of the car behind an overconfident Ace who acted like bullets couldn't hurt him, making sure to lock the door behind her to ensure I remain inside.

Actually he wasn't the only one.

Each and every suited men followed his reckless move exiting the car without a care of their lives.

Then something happened.

The men dodged the bullets.

Each and every one of them, despite their buff stature, were nimble.

They moved around in a frenzy confusing the shooters who were now shooting blindly, unable to set a target.

I could've sworn i saw a man get shot but he didn't react, a wet patch could seen on the black material but he merely shrugged his shoulders of before climbing over the gates.

And then.

Before I knew it, the shooter, a lean but muscular tattooed individual was thrown over from the inside of the gates.

What in the fucking world was going on?

Seeing the rain of bullets almost cease, Aurora finally let me out of the car.

"Pretty impressive, eh?"

It wasn't hard to see her amusement in my bewilderment. I stared at her incredously and by the time could speak all the men shooting towards us were taken care of.

I noticed not a single men had used the gun they had been given, instead most of the dead/ unconscious men were handled with a twist of a neck or a harsh punch on the chest.

Never knew they could actually kill people outside movies like that.

From the corner of my eyes I could see Aurora observing my every reaction which wasn't much save from the initial surprise.

Feeling somewhat dissatisfied at the lack of action on my part, I advanced before the group of the men who looked at Ace for further orders.

Gripping my gun, I stalked into the other side of the gates, glancing over the dead bodies, only to be stopped by a suited man.

I raised a questioning eyebrow to which he, somewhat reluctantly, speaks.

"You mustn't leave supervision ma'am."

A heavy accent accompanying his words, he speaks begrudgingly.

I glance at Ace in confusion. I was experienced enough not be under "supervision".

"It's a safety precaution, Alestia. Levi wouldn't want you getting hurt for his sake."

Maybe I would've argued further about the so called safety precautions but his name was enough to shut me up.

Levi didn't need more guilt.

He was already plagued with too much darkness, blame for his parents death, blame for not being gentle enough with me.