Chapter 29: Assumptions

⚜️Never underestimate the enemy but more importantly never underestimate yourself...⚜️

Alestia

Lost.

I was lost. Ace and Aurora had already left for Ace's 'family' after I had finished explaining my theory.

First was Romanov's unusual interest towards Levi. I had seen him glance at Levi one too many times at the party.

And that should've alarmed me enough to retreat.

But I didn't.

Second was how he called Levi 'son'. He was obvious about it.

But we merely shrugged it off.

Third was his eyes. They were a copy of Levi's, maybe a little darker but a copy nonetheless.

It was now I knew why he looked familiar. He was the gene giver of the boy I had spent years of my life with.

And that was what rang the bells of familiarity.

The fourth clue was what wrapped everything up, washing away every miniscule of suspicion.

A tattoo.

The tattoo read the words LEONA.

Written in an extravagant manner, stylish and classy.

That was the name of Levi's mother. Levi had shared most if not all the things about his parents.

Which of course included her name.

And I wasn't dumb enough to not acknowledge what was infront of me, think of it as a mere coincidence like last time, despite my desire to.

It made sense now, why he had let me go while taking Levi away.

It was most probably a deal Levi had raised. They could take him but at the expense of leaving me behind.

It was a lesson learnt.

I should've trusted my instincts.

Trusted myself to retreat before we had fallen in too deep.

But what's done was done.

Time provided no refunds. And guess what?

You had to live with that.

My eyes raked through the room. It was empty. A sense of loneliness emerged.

It resembled a lot of my heart at the moment.

Desolate and gloomy.

My hands rummage through the enormous folder the dean had handed me to look through while I 'rested'.

It was little resting as I was too shook up, too tense, nervous to even close my eyes.

My eyes lingered on the section where all the countries along with the exact location of Romanov's estates.

My eyes ran over each and every estate.

Moscow.

Russia.

Germany.

Ireland.

Switzerland.

The list went on and on but the most estates he owned were in Italy. It was expected considering he was an Italian Don.

So where could he take him.

Romanov was no fool.

He was smart. Cunning.