Sick

Rana's POV

I sat in the waiting room for the past 2 hours along with Franco.. Both of us were shit scared for Ragini. All we wanted was for her to be alright. Guilt was eating me up my hands kept trembling and tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes blurring my vision. I kept praying silently for her health and I longed to see her again and hold her..

Just then the doctor came out and said they have to run a few more tests on Ragini but he also told us he wanted to speak to us privately and the tone in which he said that scared me.. ones we got to the doctors cabin he kept mum for a few minutes and then he started speaking... as he spoke I felt my whole world shatter.

" the patients blood isn't clotting properly she seem to have lost quite a bit of blood recently and hence she is very weak and her blood count is really low. I guess she has had frequent nosebleeds recently. But all this is just the tip of the iceberg." As the doctor paused Franco gasped.. My knuckles had turned white as I grabbed onto the edges of glass table in front of us. "Can you guys tell me how you are related to the patient?"

"I am her husband".. as soon as I said that Franco looked at me shocked..
The doctor nodded his head and continued.. "if you are her husband then you should already have a good understanding about her health, right?".

"Mmm ..n..No unfortunately not.. we..we have been ... mm liv.. living separately for a year now. I .. I made quite a few mistakes in the past..." As I spoke I felt the doctor and Franco seemed to scrutinize me.. "Mm well then is there anyone else In her family with whom I can speak to regarding her health apart from you" the doctor asked.. " Unfortunately no.. she has no one left. Please I know I have been a jerk in the past. But I have realized my mistakes and I promise I will protect her from everything now on.. no matter what the situation is ".

After quite some time of silence and scrutinization the doctor seemed to be convinced and he continued speaking. " The panic attacks seem to have taken a toll on her body.. the nosebleeds seems to be triggered from the panic attacks.. but the sad part is that her blood isn't clotting like it should.. hence the nosebleeds dont Stop easily. We are yet to get the results for some more of tests that we have run.. but it seems like her there is an issue with her liver and lungs as well.. Blood not clotting can be due to various reasons like liver disease, side effects of some medications, it can also be a genetical disorder .. but in the patients case it seems to be a combination of two or more of these reasons.. Her lung capacity is also not that great, it seems like she has recurring breathing problems. But apart from all this there is another concerning fact.. she seems to have been abused in the past the scars on her back points to that and there are signs of self harm as well.. it also looks like she is taking some sort of medication or drugs maybe it's to counter her panic attacks but the problem is that these drugs can have a harmful impact on her lungs, liver and heart health"

My whole world turned upside down and shattered when I heard all this. No it can't be happening.. nooo.. please lord please don't make my doll suffer again. Franco started sobbing softly while I sat there blinded with tears..

As we sat there I heard the doctors pager go off.. He immediately looked at us.. And I knew it had to be something related to Ragini. He ran out of the cabin to Ragini's room as fast as he could and we followed closely.. The torturous day was yet to come to an end...

..............

Hi angels I have updated the edited version.. pls share your valuable comments and opinions and comments