The Fall

Authors POV

With great difficulty Ragini tried to hoist herself up the railings.. but her trembling hands and bleeding feet weren't of much help and she couldn't reach her ultimate destination. Ragini felt like she was fighting a loosing battle.. she felt that it was stupid of her to even imagine that she will free herself from the evil clutches of her ex husband.. God would never let her win.. never let her live in peace. 

Her leg was bleeding profusely by now and her panic attacks also kicked in  with full force making it really difficult for her to stay in her senses and breath. If she thought things couldn't get worse then she was in for a shock.. within seconds she started coughing uncontrollably and that when she noticed the blood coming out simultaneously from her nose and mouth.. so that's something new she thought.. she never coughed up blood before , this was new for her.. this only meant one thing to her.. even if  her ex husband managed to capture her, he wouldn't be able to torture her for long. Her death was nearing her and with this thought in her mind for the first time since that dreaded night, she felt relief flood over her.

But she wasn't ready to give up yet and deal with Rana's betrayal once again, she decided that she would try one last time to climb on the railings. Unlike her previous efforts this one actually paid off. She somehow managed to hoist herself up the railings... there she stood with unsteady bleeding legs on the railing , ready to face death.. As the rain water drenched her she looked up the sky and shed a tear or two thinking about her miserable existence so far.. As she looked back she couldn't recollect a single happy memory with her family.. she was always a nuisance for all of them, especially for the two most important men in her life... her father and her ex husband. She hoped the news of her death would give them happiness and peace at last. "Good riddance" she knew that's what her father would say. So be it.. she closed her eyes and thought of  Franco and her dead grandma.. the only two people who loved her and showed mercy on her.. she knew she was letting them down but she had no other option and she hoped somehow they would understand her.

Ragini had slowly started loosing consciousness and her eyes started drooping down and her legs and arms felt like jelly, she felt lightheaded .. she felt she was in a state of trance by now. She heard a lot of commotions behind her but she was too weak to turn back and check. But she the moment she heard his voice she turned.. " doll.... nooooo. Nooooo please don't.. doll."

And of course why wouldn't she turn.. she was their slave.. that's what they told her and thats how he.... her ex husband treated her.. And as a slave she was taught to obey him.. so the second she heard his voice she turned back and faced him.. but she wasn't willing to come down from the railings.. instead she looked at him and smiled slightly ... and Rana's heart broke that very second as that smile felt like a bloody goodbye and he knew the repercussions of that smile wouldn't be any good ..

Rana ran towards her with all his might.. but before he could grab hold of her she fainted and fell backwards.. towards the plunging fall .......