The aftermath

Author's POV

To say Rana was petrified would be an understatement.. he stood frozen on the spot for a minute then realization hit him and he ran toward his wife picked her up, wrapped her in his arms like a child and ran towards his room. He gently placed her on the bed making sure not to inflict more damage on her already beaten and bruised soft skin..

Just the sight of her body body brought tears in his eyes.. and the tears weren't stopping.. but it was not the time to sit and cry .. he had to take care of her.. he had to make sure she was alright. He called his family doctor Joseph and told him to rush to his lakeside mansion as his wife was running  a high fever. But he knew Joseph would take time as his mansion was in the outskirts of the city. Then he ran to his closet and grabbed a fresh blanket, he wrapped her in the soft blanket and took her to the adjacent bedroom coz he didn't want her to go through more emotional trauma by waking up in his dreaded bedroom which only gave her horrendous memories.

He gently placed her unconscious and cold body on the bed.. he ran to the washroom.. he came back with a bowl of warm water and fresh face towel.. he removed the blanket from her body and looked at her.. thats when he saw extend of the real damage he had inflicted on her.. every inch of her body was covered with bruises, bite marks and dried blood. A small sob left his mouth and then he left out a pained scream... " nooooooo.. aaaaaaahhh....."

Rana slowly composed himself and started wiping her body with the warm towel, he tried to be as gentle as possible but even with his softest touch Ragini whimpered in pain. After completely wiping his wife's body Rana gently dried her hair and body. He gently placed her back on the bed and went to his room, took out a fresh shirt from his closet and returned to her.. he slowly made her wear the shirt and waited for the doctor. Ragini had still not gained consciousness and kept shivering and whimpering in pain. 

Pain.. gut wrenching pain.. that was all she felt.. and then her body temperature was rising with every passing hour.. her body kept shivering without control and it scared Rana beyond words.. he started rubbing her feet and palms to reduce her suffering.. but it was no good..he placed a wet piece of clothe on her head in hopes that it will reduce her fever. And waited as that was all he could do now..

How could he do that to her.. he kept questioning himself.. of course he was drunk and he did taken drugs.. but he couldn't use that as an excuse for what he did to her.. how could he stoop so low.. how could he...

He lost his temper yesterday.. he lost himself when he saw her in Max's arms.. as he entered the room and turned on the lights he was greeted by the sight of Max's back and his wife clinging to his friends arms.. she had her body pressed against his body and it looked like he was trying to push her away... ( if only he knew the truth.. he would have ripped Max apart into pieces ..but no.. Rana never bothered to listen to the truth from her) and when Max confirmed that she was trying to seduce him Rana lost it completely.. he felt like killing her...

She was his.. always his... she was only supposed to love him even if he did not reciprocate it.. how could she even look at another guy.. how could she.. at then at that moment he decided he would punish her.. make her his.. only his .. and whatever happened after that was a disaster.. no a crime ...and he would never forgive himself for that. Never.....

His thoughts were interpreted by the continuous knocking on the door. He rushed to the door and opened it there stood his butler Peter and his doctor Joseph .

Rana wasn't willing to leave his wife's side.. but the Peter somehow convinced him to leave the room so that Joseph could do a proper check up. After almost half an hour Joseph came out with a grim expression. Joseph was his 65 year old family man, Rana knew him from childhood and he was more of father figure to him than his real father could ever be.

Joseph rushed to him and held his shirt collar and pulled him to the secluded corner of the hallway.. "Rana what the hell.... please tell me it wasn't you.. pls.." 

Rana's silence and bowed head answered Joseph question... "I know you hate her.. but Rana how could you do this to her.. you brutally raped her .. even when you knew it was her first time, she has lost a lot of blood.. it will be a miracle if she doesn't have any permanent tissue damage and mental trauma."

And the thing that registered in Rana's head was the sentence "her first time" .. but how could it be possible he himself saw her with different men.. then how.. and Natasha always told him about all her previous affairs and endless list of lovers.. even though Ragini always denied them.. "noooo.. no God.. pls no.. how could I.." he kept questioning himself.

Joseph informed Rana that he will have to move Ragini to the hospital as her condition was a bit sensitive. At first Rana didn't agree but later on he gave in and agreed to shift her.

——————————-/

Hi angels.. I am sorry I know this update isnt that great.. but i assure you that I will make the next one better..

A special mention and shout out to BMaheshwari tiamehra2019 and frozen_gal .. This chapter is dedicated to you guys. You are the ones who inspire me to write. Thank you for all your support 😘😘