13

"I don't know." Lan Zhan answered after a moment's silence.

Wei Ying let out a laugh and shook his head: "You think I'm reckless."

"A little. But you're brave, selfless and loyal too."

"Thanks Lan Zhan." Wei Ying spoke with a smile.

"You can go since we're all finished."

"I can? I thought I'd have to wait for the time slot."

"No. You can go back to the dorm and get some sleep. You still look tired." Lan Zhan explained.

"Won't everyone be confused since they waited for each other to finish yesterday?"

Lan Zhan pulled off a piece of paper and wrote down a few sentences, before handing it over to Wei Ying who smiled and slipped it into his pocket. He then remembered the gun was in his hand so reached back under the desk to put it back.

"Was it loaded?" Lan Zhan asked.

"Yep, fully stocked."

"Hm."

"Bye Lan Zhan, see you later." Wei Ying said with a wave and headed towards the doors.

"Wei Ying." Lan Zhan called.

"Yeah?"

"How're your injuries?"

"Better. No more pills or bandages, only rest. I saw Doctor Wen a few days ago and she said everything is healed. Though it did hurt a bit when you chucked me over your shoulder."

"I am sorry."

"It's cool. See ya."

"Send in Huaisang. He almost fell over yesterday when I called him in."

"Sure thing." Wei Ying said and laughed at his friend's antics.

He opened the door and held it open slightly as he asked for his friend.

"Huaisang. You're up. I can't believe you fell over yesterday." he said and patted Huaisang on the back before pushing him inside, laughing at the small blush on his friend's face.

"I'm gonna head back to the dorm and chill, see you later." Wei Ying said to Jiang Cheng before strolling down the corridor.

"What? How are you allowed to leave?"

Wei Ying stopped and walked back to Jiang Cheng, handing over the paper with a triumphant grin.

"Permission to leave early due to injuries. Wangji."

"Yep."

"You're hurting?"

"That's what it says." Wei Ying took the paper back and resumed his walk back to the dorm. "I'll see you at dinner!" he called over his shoulder, sending a wave before he disappeared from sight. Once he got back to the dorm, he brewed a fresh cup of coffee and slumped down onto the couch, content with watching the world go by as he consumed the beverage before going to bed.

He moved his body to face the window properly when something dug into his leg; he reached into the pocket and pulled out Wangji's phone that he had forgotten about during their talk. He smiled and opened it, playing some more music, before placing it on the desk and picking up his coffee. As the hot drink ran down his throat, he sighed in content as the beverage warmed his body. He looked out of the window and upon the wandering lights in the city; they could be cars or buses or phones and windows. Each of them with someone.

He finished his coffee and let out a yawn. He stood up, grabbed the phone and entered his bedroom. He pulled off the uniform in exchange for black joggers, a white t-shirt and a black jacket since it was cool, remembering to remove the earphones as well. He wondered why Lan Zhan had them if they were rarely used, maybe they simply came with the phone. He climbed into bed, set the alarm clock to ten minutes before dinner then slipped the earphones in, playing some chill music...