Chapter 1

Naruto's P.O.V.

I yawned as I woke up. Seems like I had slept in a little too late by the looks of it outside. The sun was shining bright into my messy bedroom as I remembered Kakashi sensei wanted me in his office for a mission by noon.

I looked up at my clock, it read 11:56.

I sighed. "Seems like I won't make it." I got up and headed for the kitchen and took out a pot to start making some instant ramen. 

"It doesn't really matter. When Sakura, Sasuke, and I were younger and Kakashi sensei was going out on missions with us, he was always, every single time, he was late." 

I turned the stove on and started to boil the water. "Plus what difference will it make if I'm late just this one?" I asked myself. 

After I finished eating my ramen I took a very quick shower, got all my mission gear on and headed for the Hokage's office. As I was walking through the village towards Kakashi sensei's office I noticed a new book store that had just opened. As I took a glance at it I recognized the Pervy Sage's 'Make out tactics'. It brought back memories.

"That old pervert." I smiled but then immediately frowned at the thought that he wasn't around anymore. If only you were still here, I thought. 

The book that was laid out right beside the Pervy Sage's was called 'How my world almost ended.' The title of that book made me shiver at the thought of Toneri, the moon crashing and all that stuff. It has been about 5 months since all that passed and 5 months Hinata and I had been dating. Hinata was the reason I didn't get much sleep last night. I has been thinking about her all night for some reason.

"Maybe I should ask her out to supper for tomorrow." I said to myself, then continued walking towards the Hokage's office to see what my mission was.

I knocked on the door. "Come in." I heard Kakashi sensei call out.

"I'm here." I said.

He was going through some papers and looked up at me. "You're late. It's 12:43."

I shrugged. "You said to come at noon so here I am. You didn't give a specific time."

"No. I said exactly noon." Sensei countered.

"Yeah, well whatever. Your not one to talk." I pointed at him. "You were always late when team 7 had a mission."

Kakashi gave a soft laugh and I could see a smile under his mask. "Back in the old days right?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

"Well Naruto, let's get right into about your mission shall we?"

I nodded.

"It's an important mission and I think you can do it easily by yourself. It's more of an investigation. Do you remember Hozuki Castle?"

"Oh yeah that place." I looked up at the ceiling remembering how Granny Tsunade had sent me there on a mission back when I was about 16. It was not pleasant. I was treated like a prisoner, wait no, I was a prisoner for a few days.

"Well, some suspicious thing have happened with the prisoners and Lord Kazekage and I have been getting curious on what's going on. We tried sending letters to the Hidden Grass leader but he never replies. He's awfully stubborn."

"Gaara? Kakashi sensei, what do you mean by 'some suspicious thing have happened with the prisoners'?" I asked.

"Yes well, stuff like, full time murderer Haruki Kotonabe being released from prison. Others too. Doesn't that sound suspicious?"

"Yeah. So what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to go to Hidden Grass and check out what's going on. Bring back ANY kind of information. I know this may sound bad to be doing since we're at peace right now but it's the Hidden Grass' fault for not replying. Plus, if there's a chance something bad has happened to the leader or to anyone then it's best that we at least take a look on what's going on."

"Okay got it."

"And Naruto..." Kakashi sensei added.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You CANNOT be caught there. And when I say cannot be caught I mean it Naruto. We don't want the Hidden Grass to think that us Hidden Leaf sent a spy ok? You're more like someone who's secretly checking in. So don't be caught."

I smiled. "You got it!"

"Right, then leave in 20 minutes."

I nodded and I walked out the door of the Hokage's office, shutting it behind me.

That means I got 20 minutes to ask Hinata if she wanted to go out with me for dinner tomorrow. I thought. Well, probably not tomorrow since I will probably still be in Hidden Grass but maybe when I get back. I just want to ask her ahead of time to resure what day is good.