Chapter 12

Naruto's P.O.V. 

Shikamaru, Kiba, Akamaru and I made our way quickly to the south gate. When we got there, as expected there was another shinobi there. He had reddish-brown spiky hair, with black eyes. He was wearing the hidden leaf outfit with his headband on his forehead. He also had a pair of ninja sais. One on each side of his waist. 

We stopped in front of him. "You're Hiromichi Sato?" Shikamaru confirmed.

He nodded. "Yes. And you three are Shikamaru Nara, Kiba Inuzuka and Naruto Uzumaki?"

"Yup. That's us, ya know." I said.

"Right. Now that we got that covered, we should get going now." Kiba suggested. We all nodded and exited the village, heading for the land of greens. We were running through the trees because it was going to take us a few hours to get there and we didn't want to waste any time. Shikamaru was at the front, then it was Hiromichi, then it was me, and then Kiba and Akamaru were at the back. It didn't really matter what position we were in, it's just how it turned out.

After a few minutes of running Hiromichi slowed down just a tad bit so that he was now running beside me.

"So, you're Naruto Uzumaki, the hero of the 4th great shinobi war huh?" He smiled.

"Yeah, that's me!" I answered.

"It's really nice to meet you in person. My nephew really looks up to you. He always talks about how he wants to be a great hero just like you."

"Oh really?" I gave him a sheepish laugh as we continued to run.

As we ran all four of us made light conversation talking about our mission. We took a couple breaks but they weren't that long, so once we made it to the land of greens we were pretty tired.

We stopped in front of a gate in front of two guards. "We are shinobi of the hidden leaf village." Shikamaru started. "We're here regarding the problem with the Nakamura clan."

The two guards looked at each other and nodded. They opened the gate. As we walked in another guard came running towards us. "I will lead you four to Lady Haruna. Please follow me."

The fact that the name 'Haruna' keeps on ringing a bell kept bugging me.

Why does it sound so familiar, I wondered.

The guard walked Shikamaru, Hiromichi, Kiba, Akamaru and I through the town that looked deserted. There was literally nobody around. Everyone must be scared to death of the Nakamura clan. There were also some buildings that looked like they were damaged. Some buildings had blood around them. Probably where a fight took place. The town was really big though. There was many buildings and homes but each home did have a lot of land. The place would be really nice if it didn't look so empty.

"This place looks absolutely deserted." I addressed.

"Good observation genius." Kiba said sarcastically.

We kept on walking and eventually the guard led us to the middle of the town where there was a very large, nice building. I assumed that's where the queen was. We walked into the building, up some stares, through a couple doors, took a few turns and then we were standing in front of a large wooden door with two guards standing on either side of it.

"This is where Lady Haruna is. But before we go in, we must handcuff you." The guard said calmly.

"Eh!?! Why do you have to handcuff us? What did we do wrong?" I questioned. This was ridiculous.

"Sorry, but if you guys turn out to be people from the Nakamura clan, we can't risk you putting our queen or anyone through these doors, in danger.