Chapter 2

Hinata's P.O.V.

I was walking to an antique store my father had asked me to go to and pick something up that he ordered for my grandfather when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Hinata." It was Naruto. I gave him a warm smile. I was always so happy to see him no matter where we were or what we were doing.

Naruto still had his hand on my shoulder I felt myself blush and then I noticed he was looking around all over the place.  

"Hi Naruto, what's going on?"

He quickly turned his head back to me and gave me a sheepish smile as he scratched the back of his neck. "Oh sorry, I'm just in a little bit of a hurry, I don't have much time but I wanted to ask you..." He looked away again. 

I tilted my head in confusion as I drew my attention to his hand still on my shoulder. "Yes?" 

He noticed I was looking at his hand on my shoulder and quickly took his hand off. 

"Oh. Well, I just. Wanted to know. If maybe, you wanted. To... Go out. On a dinner date with me this week, ya know?"

I felt my cheeks reddened and gave a small laugh at our awkwardness a couple seconds later. 

"Yes I would love to. Umm. What day this week?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry, I don't really know. I have a mission. And I don't really know when I'm going to get back. But probably the day after I get back, if that's ok?" 

I frowned, I had wished it was sooner, but then immediately took the frown off and said. "Yes, that's fine."

"Great! Ok. Sorry I got to go for now, I'll see you later."

"See you." I said as he ran off to go on his mission.