Chapter 8

~The night of the festival~

Hinata's P.O.V.

I had my navy blue dress on with the new earrings that I had bought too. I had my hair down as always and I didn't go overboard with the makeup. Just enough.

I sat down on the step in front of my door putting on black sandal dress shoes. I was so excited. I had been waiting for this night for so long and it had been a while since I had seen Naruto as well. 

"I'm leaving!" I yelled out to my family before walking out the door closing it behind me. When I made my way down the steps I covered my mouth immediately and smiled like there was no tomorrow.

"H-Hey, Hinata." It was Naruto! The reason why I had to cover my mouth to keep myself from screaming was because he had dressed up. He was in a black suit with an orange tie. 

"Thought I'd might come straight here instead of waiting for you at our meeting spot."

"Oh Naruto." I smiled staring at the love of my life.

He noticed I was staring at him and said, "What is it Hinata? Do I look bad? Did I not tie the tie properly? Dang it! That took so long to tie!"

I giggled. "N-No, Naruto. You look amazing. I-It's just that I've never seen you dressed up like this."

He looked down at himself and scratched the back of his head, then looked at me. We were standing about three meters apart. "Well, I have to same the same to you. You look beautiful, ya know?"

I blushed at his comment. "T-Thank you." 

Naruto's P.O.V.

Hinata and I walked side by side making our way to the center of the village where the main part of the festival was going on. We made light conversation which was a lot more comfortable than complete silence. Hinata seemed really happy and I was too, but more than anything I was nervous. The whole time walking towards the festival I was playing around with the proposal ring inside my pocket.

I have to think of when I'm going to do this. Soon? So that we can spend this festival as an engaged couple...or later on...when I'm walking Hinata home...I think later on would be better.

I tried not to think about it too much because I didn't want to end up looking like I stared off into space again. The last time I did that, it ruined our date... And Iooking back, it probably wasn't that that made her uncomfortable, it was the fact I refused to tell her what I was thinking of, and that probably made it seem like I didn't trust her. But I do trust her. With my life.

We made our way to the festival, and I was surprised. That fact that we were celebrating someone's birthday that was dead  kind made it...ah I don't. Weird?

We played some games, tried different foods at different stands. At one point Hinata insisted for paying for stuff and I told her she didn't need to and that I had plenty of money. The truth was, even though I stacked myself up with missions and got money, it still wasn't enough. One week of missions still doesn't get you rich. To add to that, I was broke after spending pretty much every bit of money I had left in the ring, so I only had a week's worth of money. Which wasn't much, to say the least.

Before I knew it, it was getting dark and we decided to make our way up onto a hill and sat down on the grass. I suggested that we go here before the fireworks went off, so that we could get a nice view.

Before we had made our way up on the hill, we had run into a few of our friends. When we ran into the girls, Ino and Tenten went to talk to Hinata and  Sakura came over to me saying that I had better been treating Hinata nicely and making her happy or else. We had run into Choji, Shikamaru, Kiba, Lee and Shino. Choji said that he was really enjoying all the different food and that was pretty much his favourite part of the festival so far. Shikamaru complained that this was all a drag and that he could be doing other things, like sleeping, but Kiba, Lee and Choji forced him to go. Kiba and Lee were both said that they were enjoying the games, and Lee actually challenged me to a few of them and we played. Shino...well, he was just kind of tagging along. I asked him if he was enjoying himself and he just said a simple 'yes' which wasn't very convincing. But hey, at least he came. The guys kept on teasing me because I was the only guy that dressed up. Choji, Shikamaru, Kiba, Lee and Shino were in their normal clothes while I was dressed up in a suit. They kept on calling me a 'Businessman'. I got annoyed by it but I was more annoyed about the suit itself. It was so uncomfortable to wear for such a long time.