Chapter 10

Hinata's P.O.V.

I was in the kitchen preparing some breakfast while thinking about last night. Last night was one of the best nights I had ever had in my life. I really appreciated Naruto taking me out. It was so much fun.

As I was making breakfast I heard a yawn behind me.

"Elder sister.... How do you get up so early?" My sister asked.

I turned around to face her. "What are you talking about Hanabi? It's 9:30 am."

"Yeah, but I went to the festival too last night and got back around 12 and you still weren't home. When did you get back."  

I turned around and focused my attention on making the food. "I got back around, um, maybe 2 am?"

"Really? What was there to even do at the festival? I mean I went there and there wasn't that much-" She stopped and then she gasped. "Elder sister! Were you drinking all night?!?!"

I turned back around again fiercely at what she had just said. "Hanabi! I wasn't drinking last night! I haven't even laid a hand on any type of alcohol!! How old do you think I am?"

She laughed. " I don't know, 25?"

I sighed in frustration. I didn't know if I should be taking that as an insult or a compliment because a lot of people i didn't know think I am younger than 19 because I'm more on the short side.

"I'm 19, and you have to be 21 to drink in the Leaf Village."

Hanabi shrugged. "2 years? What's the difference. I've seen people my age drink."

I raised an eyebrow not really believing what she said but I got worried at the same time. "You better not be."

"Of course not. But what were you doing all night to not come back until 2 am."

I flipped the pancake that I was making. "I told you. I was just out with Naruto."

"Out with a boy during 2am... Wait! You didn't do that did you!!!"

Right when she finished her sentence I took off my apron and placed it hard on the counter. I didn't slam it, but I place it hard. Harder than usual. That's the second person to say that now. First Sakura and then Hanabi. Why did that have to cross people's minds?

After I placed my arpon down I started walking out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?! Breakfast! The pancakes!" She panicked. 

I stopped. "I-I'm not hungry. You continue making it."

"W-What!? But I don't even know how to!" Hanabi declared.

I giggled softly. "Then you should learn." 

I smiled then I walked out of the kitchen and to the bathroom to take a nice, warm bath.

Naruto's P.O.V.

"Mom. Dad. What am I going to do? I messed up again." I said looking down at the graves. I decided to visit my parents today, since I hadn't visited their grave in a little while.

I sat down. "What am I supposed to do? Is this a sign that it's too early?"

Yeah, Hinata and I have only been dating for little over 5 months and people usually date longer than that before getting married but I've known Hinata since I was like 4. She wasn't really my friend back then, but I still knew who she was. Honestly, I didn't really see the point of waiting any longer.

I looked up at the sky and the clouds, seeing a bird slice through the air. Then I heard my name. "What a drag, It's Naruto."

I turned my head to see who it was even though I already knew who it was. "Shikamaru."

"Visiting you parents?" He asked. 

I looked back at my parents grave. "Yeah. What about you?"

"Asuma and my dad I come here about once a week to visit him." 

Then I noticed he had some flowers in his hands. Tulips, I think that's what they were called. Or maybe not. I didn't know much about flowers.

"I...didn't know you brang flowers. "I said to Shikamaru.

"No. Usually I come here with Kurenai and Mirai to visit Asuma but Kurenai and Mirai are doing something else so they told me take the flowers." Shikamaru explained.

I nodded. "I see."

"Well, I'm going to go over to their grave, see you later Naruto." 

"Ok, see you."

I took one last look and then said goodbye to my parents and started to walk away. As I was walking I saw Neji's grave a few meters away. 

I frowned. "Neji. What am I supposed to do?... ... If only you were here."

I walked over to Neji's grave. I hadn't visited him in a long time. I remembered how I first met him in the Chunin exams, and how after that I started doing missions with him. Then I remembered after I came back from my two and a half year training journey with the Pervy Sage and Shikamaru told me that Neji was already Jonin....and then sooner than later the war happened. Neji gave his life to protect me and Hinata.

"Neji. Thank you." 

I was walking down the road when I heard Kiba's voice, "Hey! Naruto."

I turn around to see Kiba and Akamaru running towards me. "Kiba. What's up?"

He stopped in front of me and Akamaru barked and Kiba said, "There's a mission. Three man team. Me, you and Shikamaru. Do you know where Shikamaru is?"

Yes! A mission. I was getting pretty bored today and maybe this mission will get my mind off some things

"Yeah, actually I do! I just saw him at the graveyard visiting Shikaku and Asuma sensei." I said.

"Great. Could you go get him to get his mission gear on and  to go over to Kakashi sensei's office for the mission. You do the same to Naruto. Akamaru and I will meet you and Shikamaru there, ok?"

"You got it!"

I made my way back to the graveyard and I saw Shikamaru walking out. 

"Shikamaru!" I yelled at him while running towards him. 

"What is it?" He asked as I was standing in front of him.

"We have a mission. Kiba told me to tell you to get your mission gear at meet him at Kakashi sensei's office."

"What a drag." He complained. "A mission with you and Kiba."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. Stop complaining so much. I'll meet you there."

"Got it." Shikamaru sighed. "See you there." 

Boring chapter, I know. Promise it'll lead to something though. See ya later, byeeeeee!