Chapter 13

Naruto's P.O.V

We walked out of the building to start our investigation. Shikamaru thought it would be faster if we split up into two teams. I suggested that we all just split up but then he said it would be too dangerous. That Shikamaru, always being the genius and the one making all the decisions. Kakashi sensei didn't even appoint a team leader so who said it had to be Shikamaru? I had a feeling Kiba felt the same way. Either way we were split up into two teams: Me and Hiromichi, Kiba and Shikamaru...oh yeah, and Akamaru.

Haruna also ended up ordering one guard to go with each team, so that there were three men (not including Akamaru) in each group. She did this because the guards knew their way around the large town probably a lot better than we did.

 I barely got to see the guard that went with Shikamaru and Kiba. The only thing I noticed was that he had thin blond hair that you could pretty much call white in my opinion. The guard that went with me and Hiromichi was named Katsuo. Katsuo Tademaski was his full name. He had very short thin black hair with green eyes. He was wearing very thin metal armour around his arms, body and legs over his black outfit. He seemed cool. 

Shikamaru's team went more towards the west, while we went towards the east. Before we started to leave, Katsuo said a few things about himself. He said that he specialized in earth style jutsu and is also a sensory type ninja and he could sense people's chakra. The queen mostly used him for making sure people weren't from the Nakamura clan so he was happy to do something else for a change. He can only tell though by the person's chakra, if the person is standing right in front of him. He can't just sense where a certain person is like my Sage Mode. Now, we would be able to find these Nakamura clan people quickly, very quickly actually, if only I knew what their chakra was. It's like telling Kiba and Akamaru to find something when they don't even know what it smells like.  

We began to walk, not knowing what to do or where to really start looking. 

"Ok, well I'm going to go into Sage Mode anyways. It's going to help." I placed my fingers in the 'plus symbol' position. "Shadow clone jutsu!"

I made a Shadow clone and told him to gather natural energy to enter into Sage Mode.

"To think that I get to work alongside The Naruto Uzumaki, the hero of the fourth shinobi war." Katsuo said.

Hiromichi nodded and agreed. "But Naruto, what're you doing? I thought you were going to make many, many Shadow clones and get them to search all over the town?"

"I could do that. But I just want to get into Sage Mode first. This way, no one can sneak up on us and try to put us under a genjutsu."

 "That sounds like a good idea."

We began to walk again when my Shadow clone disappeared and I went into Sage Mode.

"Alright I'm in Sage Mode."

Hiromichi looked at me closely. "So you get eye shadow when you're in Sage Mode. Interesting."

"Yeah."

I closed my eyes and sensed our surroundings  just to make sure we were clear from any enemies but then...

What is this?

"What's wrong Naruto? Do you sense something?" Katsuo asked with concern.

I nodded, my eyes still closed. "Underground...I sense people's chakra underground. Is there some sort of escape route that the land of greens' people take?"

"No...No there isn't. Not that I know of." Katsuo replied. "The ground here in the land of greens is rich and soft...we wouldn't waste it by making underground routes."

"Well, according to Naruto, someone has." Hiromichi stated.

I opened my eyes. "They're probably underground somewhere. I bet the people down there are no doubt the Nakamura clan."

"Darn," Katsuo bent down and touched the ground. "You'd think we would have-"

"Behind us!" I cut Katsuo off. I saw four kunai with paper bombs in the corner of my right eye.

All three of us jumped up onto different roof tops dodging the kunai when they exploded. After the explosion I saw this thick, blue fog starting to surround me.

"NO! Everyone close your eyes!!!" It was Katsuo. "This is there genjutsu!! Don't look at the fog!"

But it was already too late, I had already looked into the fog. I still closed my eyes but when I opened them...