Chapter 13: Promotion

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N can you come here?" Ian asks as Damien, Shayne, and I walk into the office.

"Oh uh, yeah!" I say.

"See you later Y/N/N." Shayne calls as I walk towards Ian. I wave to them and follow Ian into his office. He gestures for me to sit down and then he sits down across from me at his desk.

"So, first of all. You're three months in, how are you enjoying Smosh?" Ian asks.

"Oh I love it here. Everyone is so amazing to work with." I reply.

"Great, and how are you enjoying editing, directing, acting, that sort of stuff?" Ian smiles.

"It's all great. As you know, 90% of the time I'm editing, which I enjoy, but I definitely enjoy the other 10% of acting and directing." I say.

"That's good to hear, because I want to make your job more solidified. Maybe create a system." Ian says.

"Okay, what do you have in mind?" I ask.

"I would like to integrate you into more sketches and have you as a personality in at least one of the video's we film every week. I also want to have you as the assistant director for all of the sketches we film and then director whenever Ryan Todd can't make it." Ian replies, "How does that sound?"

I smile, "That sounds great, I'm totally up for that. So I'll still be doing editing most of the time but I'll be the assistant director for all of the scripted stuff and acting occasionally in sketches?"

"Yes, exactly, plus being a personality like you've been doing. And since we're not just pulling you into things as favours anymore and you'll have a new job description, your salary with have a slight change." Ian says.

I raise my eyebrows, "A good change or a bad change?"

"Good change. You're basically getting a promotion while doing the exact same thing you were." Ian laughs.

"I am so down for that." I chuckle.

"Okay great, I'll get everything sorted out and made official for that. It will be in effect on Monday. You're free to go." Ian smiles.

"Awesome, thanks Ian!" I stand up and leave his office.

Cool, I'm now actually gonna get paid for what I'm doing! Not that ever minded not getting paid extra, I enjoy my job. I go to my desk and sit down. I check my email to see what I'm supposed to be editing today and respond to a few emails too. Today I'm mainly making thumbnails and entering subtitles for videos. Adding subtitles is actually pretty fun because I can be funny with them and then people comment on them in videos.

Around eleven o'clock Shayne suddenly appears over my shoulder.

"Hey." He says, tapping me on the shoulder.

I jump in my seat and take off my headphones when I see it's him, "Sheesh Shayne, you scared me."

"Sorry." Shayne laughs, "What did Ian want earlier?"

"I now have the official title of editor, personality, actress, assistant director. And since it's now my actual position and not just stuff I do plus editing, I'm getting a raise." I smile.

"Hey, that's great! Congratulations." Shayne says and pulls me into a hug.

"It's not that big of a deal." I laugh.

"You get to officially boss me around as assistant director. That's a big deal for me 'cause I don't wanna listen to you." Shayne chuckles. I hit him in the shoulder and he smirks, "I'm kidding. I knew getting you this job was a great idea."