Ch.9

Nayeon and Lena stay in the work area, the rest were out of town for some thing. It was lunch so, the two went out to hang out and spend sometime together. While eating, Nayeon went to the restroom, Lena sat alone eating her burger, looking out the window.

This man went and sat where Nayeon did "Hey baby?" Lena gave this man a disgust look "Don't call me baby" He smirked "Oh come on you know you like being called that." If it was anywhere else that didn't have people, Lena would've gave him a piece of her mind, but since there were people she was this childlike, vulnerable person. "No I don't, please leave" He grabbed her hand and started to get up "Let's go have fun, me and you" Lena tried slapping his hand away, but no use. "Let me go!" The man then goes "You have a boyfriend?" Lena couldn't answer, all she tried to think of was that she needed to get out and Nayeon needs to come out. The man smirked "Thought so."

Right before they got to the door, a hand reached out and stopped both of them "Let her go" The man ready to push Nayeon, Nayeon pulled out her badge "Let her go sir, or I will have you charged with attempting kidnapping" The man let go, Lena looked up at Nayeon "I left my badge in the car, sorry" Nayeon shook her head "We'll talk later at work, but I suggest that you leave sir" The man looked at Lena "Why didn't you say you were a cop?" Lena walked away from him and went back to the table. The man left, and Nayeon went back "We'll take the food to go, we'll eat at the office."

Once at the office, Nayeon day in front of Lena's desk as she finished her food. "Are you okay?" Lena nodded "Thank you for coming out in time" Nayeon moved her chair and sat right next to Lena "Nobody messes with my child, they will get hurt. That man is lucky I didn't do anything" Lena smiled "I thought you were mad I didn't have my badge" Nayeon shook her head "Nah, that's more of a Jihyo thing. You should always have your badge on you, but I'm more glad you're okay." Nayeon didn't leave Lena alone, she moved her stuff to the front of Lena's desk and worked next to her. Even though they were at work, Nayeon wanted to make sure she was okay.

Each day they went to a different place to get food, but Nayeon didn't want to stay, she wanted to go back to the office. She still made Lena go with her to pick up the food, and they would drive back. On the last day of them being alone, Lena wanted to stay at the restaurant, she had to beg Nayeon "Nayeon please..for me, your child, I want to stay. I'll defend myself if something were to happen, I will keep my bagde around my neck, please. You can hold my hand the entire time, I don't care, I just want to stay." Nayeon then agreed to stay there, she held Lena's hand anytime they were out of the car, and didn't keep an eye off Lena while they ate. Nayeon had to go to the restroom, but didn't want to leave Lena alone. Lena noticed "Go Nayeon, I'll be fine" Nayeon groaned "Keep your badge around your neck at all times, you take it off I'll be upset" Lena nodded and Nayeon sped off to the restroom.

After a while Lena took off her badge, and put her hoodie on because she was cold...why didn't she leave it on then move the badge forward after putting on the hoodie was a mystery.

Well Nayeon walked out, and saw Lena without her badge "Lena" She looked up, and looked back down and saw her badge on the table, and quickly put it on "I'm sorry, I took it off to put my jacket on, and forgot to put it back on" Nayeon sat down "I told you to keep your badge on, why didn't you just move it forward after you put it on, you didn't have to take it off" Lena kept her head down while getting scolded.

Nayeon put her finger under Lena's chin and made her look up at her "I'm glad you're okay, but next time listen to me. Because the next time you don't, I swear child" Lena nodded "Yes ma'am." Back at the station, work was getting done. Nayeon still checking up on Lena "I still want to make sure you are okay, because I can try to find the guy. He messed with my child, do I have to do something" Lena hugged her "No Nay, you do not, I am totally fine." They finished work, and Nayeon walked Lena to her car "You know the drill" Lena rolled her eyes "Yes, call you once I get home, then call you before I go to bed, then call you tomorrow morning. It's all just because you want to make sure I am okay" Nayeon kisses her forehead "Yes, I'll see you tomorrow"

The next day everyone was back, nobody knew what happened, all the DS news was Lena and Nayeon couldn't find anything per usual, but DS still hit every night. After a while, when everyone settled, Nayeon looked at Lena "Want to tell them what happened?" Lena shook her head, Nayeon shrugged "Then I will, they need to know." Nayeon gathered everyone "So news is the first day we were alone, we went out to eat for Lunch, while I was in the restroom, a guy approached Lena and almost kidnapped her" They all turn their heads towards Lena, but she wasn't there...she was hiding under her desk. Jihyo walked over and say Lena pulling her out "Are you okay?" Jeongyeon rushed over "Who was her, how did he look like?" Sana hugged Lena tight basically picking her up "Oh my poor baby, no body messes with my baby" Nayeon chuckled "I didn't let her leave my sight for the rest of the time. The only time I didn't see her was when I or she went to the restroom, and after work. But I made her call me when she got home, before she went to bed, and the second she wakes up" they all agreed it was a good idea.

Lena really wishes she just showed the guy a piece of her mind, she's already the baby and smallest of the group. Now after that whole affair, she is now getting treated more like a baby, it was okay for her. But sometimes it was nice to have a little break from that.