chapter 37

Chapter 37

Shannon Pov

I was dumped at work with all the files pinned up in my table but a determination to protect my family by all means was like a squall in my system. I was a whooping tornado when my wife told me that she is been followed but I had to keep my emotions under check because she was already a bundle of nerves.

"Our stay would reach a maximum of ten days. Isn't it? Before that you would catch the culprit." Mara's confident words about my abilities got me buoyant and at the same time disquiet for the separation I was destined for once more from her. But looking at the other side of the coin, if given a second chance, I never ever wanted to stay away from my family. The only thing I want now is my wife in my arms but unfortunately for that I have to wait for a little more time.

I took my wife and daughter to the mansion. Amaira was in all giggles and excitement running around the house in her red polka dots frock. Her two pigtails were flapping on both sides of her cheeks making her more cute. She was a vision to watch. For the first time in years I felt I was at home. My happiness was beyond any boundary.

Walking inside Mara twiddles her thumbs looking everywhere around the house. I understood my wife's reticence and extended my hands to hold her cold ones. "You can occupy any of the guest bedrooms situated in the house, though the door of the master bedroom will always be open for you." 

"Amaira’s room is on the first floor." No sooner had the words left my lips, my little girl was like a super storm to have a look at her room. I opted for a princess theme with her favorite colors pink and yellow. I knew that would be a sure click to make her happy because whenever I bought clothes for her she preferred yellow and pink.

Though I had doubts about my wife I was always optimistic that my beautiful daughter will come and stay with me at least for a few days in a year once she grows a little older. That is why I got one of the first floor bedrooms decorated in her preferred colors.

In the middle of Amaira's room is a queen size bed in a soft fabric of yellow linens. To one side of the room is a bookshelf painted in pink where she can put her school books and some of the story books that I would enjoy reading for her before bed time. Beside the book shelf is a reading table and a little chair for my princess to do her homework.

On the other side of the room is a walk-in closet that is large enough to accommodate all her dresses, shoes and fancy jewelry with a huge dressing table where my princess can get ready comfortably to attend her friend's birthday parties and school events. 

Amaira rests her little hand in mine standing besides watching the room in awe with her jaw held open. "Do you like your room princess?" I ask her curiously.

My daughter's eyes were as big as saucers looking up at me before she walked around her room in wonder. "Daddy, my place is exactly like Rapunzel’s bedroom in her castle. I'm going to invite all my friends here and show them my room. I love it." She squeals in happiness and hugs my knees in sheer excitement.  

I inhale a breath of joy lifting my daughter in my arms and kiss her forehead. “So your room is exactly like Rapunzel’s bedroom. I love to know that, princess." 

She kisses my cheek. "I love you Daddy. This is the best gift I got from you." And then all of a sudden her eyes fell on the window to the right side of us. "Daddy, do you have a swimming pool too?" She asks me, surprised and in all excitement. 

I nod my head to her with a light smile blessed out by her reaction. Before I could complete the words my firecracker slips out of my arms. She raced through the stairs and was already on a run towards the west side of our huge lawn. "Careful Princess..." I walk briskly behind her.

*****

Few days later…

Unlike my previous life of dry walls welcoming me home after the day's work, I am now greeted with the mirthful giggles of Princess. I scurry into the foyer of our grandeur mansion with many cheery thoughts about my family. As soon as I open the front door, my legs go embraced by my chirpy laughter. 

I look down at her with brightness and lift her in my arms to kiss her tiny forehead. "Daddy, are you home early?" She yells in joy and brings her little arms around my neck hugging me tightly. "Yes princess, I finished my work faster to spend more time with you.” I say in a gale of joy. 

No sooner I could sniff the mouth watering smell of fish fingers and brown rice.

Walking to the kitchen with my daughter in my arms, I look at Mara. My hands were itching to pull her to a hug and kiss her senselessly. Instead I stood beside her smelling the heavenly scent of appetizing dishes being cooked on the kitchen top. "Hmm this smells delicious." I close my eyes and savor the aroma of freshly ground spices. 

"The dinner will be ready in just a few minutes." Mara tells me in an invigorating smile bracing my reaction. "I will freshen up and come down in a few minutes." I rub my hands and tell, meeting the galvanizing eyes of my wife that never fail to dynamite the amatory thoughts in me.

Ten minutes later we were seated at the dining table. "Daddy, do you remember the fancy dress competition I told you about two months ago. I am dressing like a mermaid. I will wear the dress you bought for me from Miami?" Amaira tells me in vigor. 

"It is the day after tomorrow. Will you be coming to watch it?" My daughter asks me spiritedly sipping water from her glass. 

I nod to her enjoying our sweet dining time and relishing the curry my wife made for us. "Of course my princess, you let me know the time. I may not stay for the complete event but am definitely eager to watch you perform."

*_*_*

It is well beyond ten. After I read the usual bedtime story for her, she went to sleep. Subsequently I heard a knock at the door of my study. She was there standing at the entrance waiting for me. The steaming thoughts that were platonic for a while resurface. 

"Haven't you gone to sleep cupcakes?" My erection goes stiff with the sweltering heat piping out of my body meeting the pure need of intense thirst. I pull out of my seat reaching her only an inch away for a touch. 

"Aren't you feeling well?" My voice goes husky as I meet her possessed peek that makes electricity spark every nerve in my body. Her eyes sparkled. There was an unmistakable heat in her eyes. My heart picked up its speed drumming against the rib cage. Anticipation warred with anxiety on what could happen between us. At the same time there was an unfathomable thrill to explore the fire in between us.

"Is anything troubling you?" 

My lips were just an inch away from hers as my hands moved forward and tuck a strand of hair behind her ears. She stilled with my touch and looked up at me in a fervid stare faintly aware of the prompt upheaval of her chest that matched my impassioned desire.

My warm hands move up to caress her soft cheeks. "Say you want me." I whispered to her with a look of pure need, holding my last bit of patience. 

"I do" she nods in an instantaneous reply and that was all it took for me to squeeze the living lights out of her. I kissed her lips in urgent need like a Crested Cuckoo waiting for rain. 

She kissed me back with equal desperation digging her fingers deep in my dark hair. It was as if the hollow space I carried all these years in my chest ripped open and for every time our frantic lips met, it soothed the waves of loneliness and pain I had been too scared to face until today without her. "Please love me back my love."