The Scene: Part 1

Anti was pacing. 

He didn't usually pace when he was nervous. He glitched but he didn't pace. This was new.

But it helped. Sort of.

Dark watched him, feeling more than a little concerned for his friend as he finished up some morning paperwork.

"You uh . . . . you good there, Anti?"

He didn't stop pacing, "I'm fine"

"You don't look fine"

He suddenly growled and stopped pacing, "What!? Why do you say that!? What's wrong with me!?"

Dark blinked at his sudden outburst but still tried to remain calm, "You're gonna be okay, Anti. Nobody plays you better than you. And you heard what Chase said the other day, remember? He's willing to try if you are"

Anti's heart was racing but Dark's voice calmed him. He knew he was right. He was just freaking out. He hadn't done a film shoot in years. What if he had lost his stuff?

What if he wasn't good enough anymore? Had he changed too much? What if Sean and the others hated it and they kicked him off the video? What if Mark kicked him out of the house!?

Suddenly a pair of hands rested on his shoulders and he looked up to see Dark looking slightly down at him with a small smile.

"Hey. You got this. Stop worrying so much. I believe in you"

Anti's heart melted and he took a deep breathe, "Thanks. . . . . . . I ate your-"

"I know you ate my cookies. I made Google show me the video. I don't care"

"But-"

"I'll maim Chase later. Right now you need to focus on believing and trusting in yourself. Alright? We head out in an hour or so. Want to get breakfast with me downstairs?"

Anti leaned his forehead against Dark's chin, already clearly exhausted, "Yeah"

"Come on. I'll make you some pancakes" Dark tried to lead him out.

"Yeah, no" Anti argued, "I'll make the pancakes. You still suck at cooking"

Dark just chuckled in response, letting his adopted little brother take the lead instead.

Chase was NOT feeling good today. He woke up with a throbbing headache and felt like he was going to puke from it. A whispering crept into his head but he blamed it on nerves and a hangover. Bing had snagged him some whiskey last night which in hindsight may not have been such a good idea.

He was hunched over the table stirring a bowl of cereal.

Everyone knew he was hungover. It was pretty obvious.

Bing pat his back a little and Jameson looked concerned but Marvin, Jackie and Henrik were not so sympathetic. Chase had sworn that he would stop drinking but his nerves must have gotten in the way getting ready for today with the scene with Anti.

Chase didn't care either way. He was in pain.

After a while, Anti came downstairs with Dark and the two shoved each other around, messing with one another like the best of friends. That's one thing at least that Chase had to admire him for was that he had so many great and scary friends looking after him.

The two left for the kitchen and Chase found himself watching them the entire time.

"You alright, Chase?"