• This is how it is •

------------------------------------------------
_________________________________________

Wooyoung's POV

Right when Jongho uttered those words my world stopped for a moment, with him in this quietness sitting carelessly I completely forgot why exactly I was here. I don't want to see any of them especially San and that red haired man.

After what happened yesterday night I won't be able to look them in the eyes. Ugh I don't want to. Nonetheless I stood up knowing it was inevitable. I can't possibly avoid these devils themselves while trapped in their hell.

Jongho must have sensed my tension "Hyung, I know I won't be able to talk back to them, but I'll try my best to keep you away from them" he said voice a lot more hushed now, sympathy dripping from it.

"Jongho‐ya, I know your intentions are nothing but kind but I don't want you to get yourself involved in this. They are your family, you should leave me be. I promise I'll try my best to avoid crossing any of them." I said in a reassuring tone. And it worked because he looked more at ease now.

We went above to the open kitchen turned dining room. Jongho told me to pick some supply so I was walking behind him, clutching tightly on the big celery. The noices of clatter, muffled voices got louder and louder, my head bend lower and lower, with my heart beat faster and faster.

I wasn't happy at all, scared and tired.
The moment we reached the dining area, the noices stopped but I didn't looked up, not even slight movement of my head I was ashamed, scared and helpless, didn't wanted to look up and see the pleased look in their eyes if they see how weak I was.

"Where were the both of you." Somebody said voice deep, too deep. "Oh me and wooyoung-hyung went to take some supply, is there a problem Mingi hyung?" Jongho asked, "Nothing we were waiting for you, for breakfast now come have a seat " it was San this time, his tone was gentle but the command was clear in it. The way he uttered you it showed that I was uninvited. My thoughts were disrupted with Jongho briskly moving in the corner and dragging out, a chair? What is he doing!.

"What are you doing Jongho, what's that for?" another deep voice said, god do all pirates have such voice. "Huh. It's for wooyoung hyung, there are only seven chairs and we are eight, so I'm bringing it for him hyung" Now I look up, head held straight, my eyes searching for the only kind soul in the room. When i found him i realised he was looking at me too.

He smiles at me as if inviting me to sit, but before I could even move a finger another voice booms in the room " Since when did slaves started getting their own chair at our table" I looked down again. " But then where would he sit, how would he eat Seonghwa hyung" Jongho started retaliating, but then I heard a loud creak of chair and everyone looked in the direction of that masked mute pirate he looked up at Jongho and then tapped his gloved fingers on the chair beside him, and just like that Jongho went quiet and sat at his table rather obediently.

"What are you standing there for, serve the fucking food, you can have the leftovers once we're all done" I didn't move but I was pulled forward harshly, this grip was too familiar now.

"Get to work fucking animal" San practically growled at my face and pushed me back. I stumbled a bit but gained my balance. With shaky hands I picked up dishes one after the other and started serving them. By the time I reached the red haired man I started shaking terribly, I was trying to control myself but memories of last night came crashing down on me.

But something unexpected happen, the man took a hold of my hand and manoeuvred it to serve himself. He briefly looked up at me then, looked back at his plate.

For the next half an hour I just stood there staring at the wooden floor. When they all were fished, I was thrown a piece of bread, "Here pig, might as well feed you. Don't want our beloved prince dying now" the man who I think was Seonghwa said while handing me the small loaf of bread.

I didn't move again, didn't wanted to eat anything they gave me. But of course the almighty Satan cannot just leave me at my sorrows "Fucking eat idiot, you are literally half the size of Hongjoong" San said frustratingly "Hey, don't drag me. You dimbass" and San ignored him IGNORED HIM "I said eat what are you staring at. It's like hitting a girl, you look like you'll fucking break if I so much as slapped you" he went on saying but I didn't bother.

I just went on to Jongho and stood near him, while he was clearing the dishes, San followed me and turned me by my shoulders "What are you doing, are you stupid ? Am fucking being generous to you, fucking feeding you and you're showing me your fucking royal attitude. "

I turned again and by the silence, I think he was shocked. I heard a giggle near me and it was from Jongho, and then he showed me a thumbs up. Oh this is fun.

San grumbled something and went on somewhere god knows where. I was helping Jungho until one of them, I think he's the tallest one came in and asked me to follow him. I just followed him remembering him as one of those who laughed at me when I was slapped by that man named Hongjoong.

He looked fairly calm but I knew better then to think of him as anything but vicious, for he is also one of those who ruthlessly murdered all my royal servants. When we reached the deck I could not help but admire the sea again. What is it that is relaxing about it that has me calm within seconds.

But alas! Such feeling is only a luxury when you're kidnapped and trapped as a servant, with literal monsters. "Stop day dreaming, and get to work little mouse you are not here for vacation" the harsh tone didn't surprise me but what did surprise me was gentle look on his face, he was not smiling but he was not scowling or glaring either.

I was handed a long mop and bucket full of water, I started moping (and let's not forget the fact that this was the first time I have ever picked it up) with whatever meager knowledge I have from those rare times when I have seen castle workers cleaning the halls.

"Oh! What a sight it is." I heard and knew who it was I looked up to see San smirking again at me, why the god have to pair fairest of faces with ugliest hearts."What? I'm talking about ocean" he stated as he kept his eyes on me. Rascal must be having time of his life watching me struggle.

I took a big sigh and continued trying to mop, a little bit longer wooyoung I said to myself looking over the deck, the red haired demon Hongjoong, the tall man now being called out as Yunho, the other tall man near the map, Mingi, the quite freak Yeosang, the other one keeping a close eye on my mopping Seonghwa, I learned and of course the proudest of all still watching me like a meat, hungry eyes and crooked smile San. Until I find my sweet escape this is what it is for me I guess.

The video above is the melody of wooyoung's music box. :)
Chuchu~