1

~~~
September 5, 2012
Wednesday, 7:39 AM

(Y/N) opened the door to her classroom, and her eyes lighting up when she saw two familiar faces. She quickly made her way over to the empty seat next to them.

"Good morning, Eita, Satori." She exclaimed, pulling out the chair right next to the setter.

"Morning, (Y/N)." Semi replied.

"Hey (Y/N)." Tendo greeted," OH! Did you read the new edition of Shonen Jump?" He asked excitedly, pulling out said edition. (Y/N) smiled and nodded her head. He quickly flipped through the pages, stopping at halfway and shoved the open page towards the girl. He pointed at a certain part, grinning.

"Wasn't this part so good?" He commented, as he began to go on and on. (Y/N) listened intently, adding her own thoughts here and there.

"mAN, it's so good to see you again." Tendo exclaimed," You know, I tried to get Wakatoshi to read this too. But he takes too long." He complained.

"He reads all the ads." Tendo groaned, burying his face into his hands, making (Y/N) laugh," And Semi-Semi here, doesn't read it either." He complained

"Uh huh, I have better things to do." Semi replied," Also, stop calling me that." He groaned.

"Like what, Semi-Semi?" Tendo questioned,

"There's a reason why I'm in class 1 and you're in class 2." Semi pointed out, Tendo just rolled his eyes.

"(Y/N) reads it and she's also in class 1." Tendo muttered, putting the book back into his bag. He glanced over at the girl, a mischievous grin appearing.

"Anyways, (Y/N)~wheres your boyfriend?" Tendo teased, nudging her.

"Huh, you have a boyfriend?" Semi asked, confused.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend." (Y/N) corrected.

"Whatever you say." Tendo shrugged.

"Wait, what are you guys talking about?" Semi asked, puzzled.

"Well, you see-"

"No, Eita, don't listen to him-"

"You know, it's not very polite to interrupt people-"

"Oh, what do you know-"

Semi watched as his friends began bickering back and forth, still confused about the context of their argument.

"Oh my god, forget I asked." Semi finally exclaimed.

"No, no, no, I will tell you-"

"Tendo, please return to your class."

~~~
September 5, 2012
Wednesday, 12:34 PM

"Semi-Semi." a sing-song voice greeted the setter.

"Stop calling me that." Semi complained.

"Mhm, wheres (Y/N)?" the red head asked, not seeing the girl.

"She's eating with her student council friends." Semi replied, making Tendo frown. Normally they'd eat lunch together along with the other third years on the volleyball team.

"Come on, lets go." Semi exclaimed, walking towards the cafeteria with Tendo following suit. A sudden thought appeared in his head,

"Soooo, (Y/N) likes someone?" Semi asked, glancing over at Tendo.

"You said you didn't want to know." Tendo answered with a smug grin.

"I didn't say that. You guys just started arguing like children." Semi retorted," Didn't seem like you'd stop anytime soon." He muttered, annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah," Tendo shrugged," You know, I'm surprised you haven't noticed." he continued.

"Is it you?" Semi asked.

"No." Tendo quickly replied, but Semi could've sworn that he saw the tips of Tendo's ears red.

Maybe it's his hair.

"Oh! Wakatoshi, Reon!" Tendo exclaimed, as he spotted his two teammates in the cafeteria. He got a couple looks from some bystanders, but he just ignored them.

Will I ever know?

"Satori." Ohira greeted, while Ushijima just gave him a nod.

"(Y/N)'s sitting with the student council today." Tendo explained. The four of them quickly got their food and found a spot to sit.

"Man, I can't believe we're back at school." Tendo complained," Summer break was fun." he reminisced.

"Better get over it, I think practice is going to get more intense now." Semi said as he ate a spoonful of rice.

"You're not very good at comforting people." Tendo muttered.

"We practiced over the summer, it wasn't so bad." Ohira pointed out.

"Yeah, but now we're getting closer to the preliminaries." Tendo exclaimed," Are you guys nervous? Goshiki is starting to freak out." He continued, snickering a bit.

"Kinda?"

"Eh."

"No."

"Calm as always, Wakatoshi." the red head paused," Are you guys inviting anyone to watch?" He asked curiously. Ohira and Semi both shrugged, unsure.

"Is (Y/N) coming?" Ushijima asked.

"I don't know, why don't you invite her?" Tendo suggested.

"Okay."

~~~

A/N: I'm pretty sure Tendo's name is spelled like that. When it's spelt with the 'u' I think it's the romanji.

Mini Japanese Lesson*:
In Japanese, Tendo's name, てんどう (hiragana), is written with the character which is the character for 'u' but it's also used to elongate the vowel 'o'. This is mainly used for pronunciation, where you'd hold the 'o' sound for longer.

BUT, if this does bother anyone, I really don't mind changing Tendo to Tendou, either way it's his name.

*I'm learning Japanese currently, I am not a native speaker*